cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vox Machinae Is The VR Mech Sim I Have Been Looking For!

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

Just a bit of gameplay from the upcoming VR Mech Sim Vox Machinae. I was so happy to have been chosen for the closed play test for this game and since Space bullet was awesome and there was no NDA I can share it. I have to say that I have been waiting for more of Vox Machinae ever since playing the old demo from Oculus Share back in the DK2 days

The game is still pretty early but it already shows a level of polish that I don't see in a lot of VR games out there currently. The combat is satisfying and the feeling of piloting the Mech is awesome! The game currently uses motion controls for piloting the Mechs so it took a bit of getting used to after playing games like this with a HOTAS for many years. After you get used to it though, I have to say that it feels great to be actually controlling the Mech using the in cockpit systems! The graphics and sound still need a bit of tweaking but overall I was very happy with what I saw. If Space Bullet added a story based single player campaign that would be the icing on the cake but currently it is only online arena matches against players or bots.

Currently the game is in closed play testing but you can head to the link below to see if you can secure a spot and if you do I will see you on the battlefield!

Sign up for the closed play test here: http://www.voxmachinae.com/playtest.shtml
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would so love a Mech Warrior style game in VR, with a good Single Player system.

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
@dburne Me too man.... Archangel would have been great if it wasn't for the "On Rails" gameplay! Hopefully the devs will add one to Vox Machinae as that would be epic!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

bigmike20vt
Visionary
cool. i thought this had been abandoned. i loved that demo back in the day. sadly if it is MP only there is nothing there for me.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I beat the entire single player campaign of Archangel and really enjoyed it. But the "on rails" was obviously going to prohibit it from hitting that AAA style spotlight.

Interestingly, I never liked Mech games historically. But VR has changed all that! I look forward to Vox Machinae as well. Thanks for the info.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

I beat the entire single player campaign of Archangel and really enjoyed it. But the "on rails" was obviously going to prohibit it from hitting that AAA style spotlight.

Interestingly, I never liked Mech games historically. But VR has changed all that! I look forward to Vox Machinae as well. Thanks for the info.

I used to play the original Mechwarrior game back when I was in school.  I liked it well enough, but then life started happening and I never got to continue on with MW2 or any other sequels.

I have to imagine that a Mech style game with open movement would be unbelievable in VR. 

vannagirl
Consultant
This is pretty amazing, i have an amigo she loves mech to death (no idea) and she whooped at this video.

They so need single player mode though.
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

bigmike20vt
Visionary
i am still hoping the new Mechwarrior game gives me the single player campaign i am craving for my mechs in vr fix...... i will still consider picking this up in a sale however even if it is just bot matches and a tiny amount of pvp, but imo devs underestimate how many people appreciate a single player game.

if anything the poll in another thread on this site confirms it.... i spose campaigns are expensive to make however
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

cool. i thought this had been abandoned. i loved that demo back in the day. sadly if it is MP only there is nothing there for me.

Yeah I hear ya man... I really would love to see a single player campaign in this one too!

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
@Zenbane Yeah I did like Archangel too but the On rails just killed it for me. I heard that it will be getting an off rails arena mode soon but I really wanted that in the single player campaign.