Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 31 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• SaturnsVoidSaturnsVoid Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Would be cool if you open source this project, If you put it up on Github people can help make it better and fix/find bugs. Anyways, can't wait for the new version to come out! Been using it since day 1.
  • TheInvisTheInvis Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    Yes. In the Library you can edit the game files directly which, if done correctly, should also affect how it is displayed in Home after the Oculus service is restarted. And you can change the icons as well.
    Awesome. Bought a couple games today on Steam that I'd like to replace the banner and icons for on Home.

Any ETA on when the new version will be out? Also what did they change that broke it?
  • RealArgoRealArgo Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I second open sourcing this on GitHub, people could submit Bugs and submit changes, that you would have to approve (i am sure you are familiar with it). As i am a .net dev myself, i see myself helping you out a bit, if you wanted that.
  • maybertsmayberts Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have found a workaround https://i.imgur.com/JeJ0Lar.png
    NerveGear
    maybe not :neutral: I can get them to show in the tray tool, but that's it
  • RealArgoRealArgo Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    The beta version fixes that btw, so look forward to that
    NerveGear
    When is the beta getting released?
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 369
    Trinity
    Beta is currently running with a few tester that have been extremely helpful in funding bugs. There are still some annoyances left, but i should be able to release a public beta soon. If you want to try the beta and help hunt down
    these issue just ping me in a PM and i'll get you a download link.

Cheers!
  • MrZoopsMrZoops Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Still giving out betas? I messaged you privately
  • TheZenCoreTheZenCore Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    id love to give a hand finding those issues!
  • pecocuspecocus Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    Hi there...  

I'm getting an error in the log that I'm not sure if I should be worried about or not.  It says:  Exception in SetActivePowerPlan(): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    pecocus said:
    Hi there...  

I'm getting an error in the log that I'm not sure if I should be worried about or not.  It says:  Exception in SetActivePowerPlan(): Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
    Same here.Strange.
  • p1up1u Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Any chance to make this tool to force AMD ryzen plan to be active even if playing? It always goes to high performance when activating RIFT lenses
  • TatowTatow Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    That seems to be a bug on Oculus side... I have the same on my i7 laptop. Because oculus software (or service) always changed energy profile to high performance my CPU was always hot, and that means cpu throttling.

Check this link on how to force a power plan via windows policy manager:
    https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/42165/breakthrough-for-many-issues-usermodepowerservice/p1

Hope it helps!
  • RahotepRahotep Posts: 53
    Brain Burst
    Any update on when the Oculus Beta Core 2 is going to be supported?
  • TatowTatow Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    0.83 is up on the front page
    Awesome!!! Thanks @ApollyonVR for your work!!
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,591 Valuable Player
    Yes thank you for your continual improvements to this great program @ApollyonVR !
    It is very much appreciated!!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,023 Valuable Player
    I vote that this should be restickied to the top of this page. 

Why it was even unstickied is beyond me.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,591 Valuable Player
    Digikid1 said:
    I vote that this should be restickied to the top of this page. 

Why it was even unstickied is beyond me.

I second that, it should always be pinned!!
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • Stumpy2101Stumpy2101 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2018
    0.83 apparently not running Oculus service on startup (indefinitely in startup mode until user executes manual restart of Oculus service) then any settings entered (start with Win, any power options, etc) are not being saved and are nullified upon OTT restart.

Edit: Added OTT location to AV exclusion list in case AV was the cause of disabling any changes or saves made by OTT but still no joy. :neutral:
    Trinity
    @Stumpy2101 Do a run in debug mode and let me see the ott.log file. If you can get the gui to open, go to the Advanced tab and you can restart in debug mode there. Or, you can open a elevated command-prompt and run "OculusTrayTool.exe -d" to start it up in debug mode. As a last resort you can reset the settings. This is also done on the Advanced tab or by running "OculusTrayTool.exe -r". This will reset all settings to default but leave your profiles intact.

Cheers!
  • Stumpy2101Stumpy2101 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2018
    @ApollyonVR Will try that out tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks for the pointers.

Edit @ApollyonVR have done as instructed and sent you a PM with my ott.log details
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,023 Valuable Player
    Hey @cybereality

repin this topic. 
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 146
    Art3mis
    0.83 not applying 3rd party profiles (ETS2, AC etc) even though they show in profiles page.
  • Stevie777Stevie777 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I get an error on start up:
    28-2-2018 12:57:58 Failed to read database entry for appId 'E_ProgramFiles(x86)_Steam_steamapps_common_Guns'n'StoriesPrefaceVR_OMT_Binaries_Win64_OMT-Win64-Shipping': SQL logic error or missing database
    near "n": syntax error

I deleted the game afterwards but that didn't help.
  • grekbgrekb Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the update!
    It seems it needs some polishing though. First thing i noticed is that it conflicts with my GOG Galaxy app and gives me error messages(this app has nothing to do with VR). Then i noticed at the experiences tab that i cant see anything. Only when i put the mouse in the window i can see some experiences icons and those are only for steam or 3rd parties. Also when  tried to close the pc it refused to obey my commands because of OTT, so i had to use my powers and close it on force.
    I hope you give us some bug fixing updates in the future and thanks for your hard work!
  • pecocuspecocus Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    grekb said:
    Thanks for the update!
    It seems it needs some polishing though. First thing i noticed is that it conflicts with my GOG Galaxy app and gives me error messages(this app has nothing to do with VR). Then i noticed at the experiences tab that i cant see anything. Only when i put the mouse in the window i can see some experiences icons and those are only for steam or 3rd parties. Also when  tried to close the pc it refused to obey my commands because of OTT, so i had to use my powers and close it on force.
    I hope you give us some bug fixing updates in the future and thanks for your hard work!
    I had all the same issues, but after the reboot, they all cleared up. 
    Trinity
    @grekb Try resetting the settings to Default if things don't look better after a reboot. You reset the settings by doing one of the below actions.

Go to the Advanced tab, click "Reset all settings to Default"
    - or-
    Start OTT from an elevated command-prompt using "OculusTrayTool.exe -r"
    - or -
    Remove the folder "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ApollyonVR"

Cheers!
  • baggygbaggyg Posts: 176
    Art3mis

Go to the Advanced tab, click "Reset all settings to Default"

This is great. I've had a mix up 3 or 4 times now so its great that I can reset this in App. 0.83 looks a large improvement to me. Thanks for the hard work!