cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you permanently delete games?

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer
I know you can uninstall games but I want them completely gone form my library.  Some of these games I want rid of I will never play again.

Can you permanently uninstall games?  
44 REPLIES 44

wanoennogs
Heroic Explorer

Digikid1 said:

By reformatting your drives...

seriously it works!  LOL

But in all seriousness you  don’t actually delete games.  You UNINSTALL them. You just go into the windows control panel go to programs or something to that effect and right click and uninstall. 

I personally recommend a program called Ccleaner. Just make sure y just make sure that when you install it you turn off the active monitoring. It’s free and is better than anything else on the market for getting rid of crap ( hence the name C Cleaner as it’s  actually called Crap Cleaner but they couldn’t release that name  )   

It also allows you to uninstall games and programs.

It’s one of the default programs that I put on all of my computers that I sell. 

Piriform.com

I do know how to uninstall games.

Digikid1
Consultant

Digikid1 said:

Yeah I skimmed it after I posted my response. 

Anything that you download on your oculus account is permanently on your account. There is absolutely nothing that you can do.

But it's 2018?
I cannot believe there is no way to remove stuff from your account you are never going to play again. 

Irrelevant. That’s just the way it works and you’re going to have to except that.

Richooal
Consultant
The main reason that they stay in your library is to show proof of ownership. In 1 or 2 years time you may decide to revisit any app that you haven't used. If it's deleted from your account you would have to buy it again.

I think the solution would be........

1. Oculus deletes it from your library when you request it.
2. The Store (when you are logged in) shows it permanently as "Purchased".

This way you don't have a collection of Apps that you don't use and you don't have to repurchase if you change your mind.

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well you're just being heartless. Oculus Rift games are for life, not just for Christmas! 😮 ❤️ 😮

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
If you're wanting them to not show in your library then go into your library and filter for deselect "Include not installed"  Otherwise it's going to show all games you've purchased a license for.

Kevin_Brook
Protege
I hate that you can't permanently remove them too! I have a very legitimate reason for doing so. For some reason, ever since I've had my Rift, almost a year now) it will randomly uninstall games every time I reboot. I log into Oculus and note some of my games are gone. To get them back I have to search through the uninstalled games and reinstall. If I do it quickly it will only take a few minutes, it's like the games are still on my HD, just the pathway has been lost. If I leave it too long though I have to download the game again, which is a right royal pain. So I have to make sure every day that I boot in and redownload whatever games have uninstalled.

I did post about this in the forums before but nobody from Oculus cared, I believe cyberreality is their only active mod on this worldwide community board, so I just accepted it as an irritating quirk and put up with it.

But having to trawl through dozens of shovelware titles and free crap to find the games that have got lost is so tedious it has me swearing into my headset a couple times a week.

Cambridge_Cat
Honored Guest
Another potential solution going forward may be to attempt to install the games outside of the Oculus software. The library tab in the Oculus software now has the ability to filter games into the library that are from "Unkown Sources". Many games that are available on the Oculus store are also available outside of it (e.g. through Steam). This would allow you to permanently uninstall the games should you decide that you no longer wish to have them around, and they would not be tied to your Oculus account, so they would not show up uninvited in your library, filtered or not.

Found a solution for this:  Make sure to go to these directories and delete the app/game's folder name within each
C:\Games\Oculus\Staging
C:\Games\Oculus\Software
C:\Games\Oculus\Manifests
*C:\Games is wherever you have your default installation directory setup within the Oculus app.

MeeksFamily06
Honored Guest

KillCard said:

If you uninstall them they are uninstalled. Them being in your library does not mean they are installed on your computer, it means they are on your account. If they are on your account but not installed on your computer they use up 0 space and are of no detriment to you whatsoever.

I can't fathom a legitimate reason why you would absolutely need something removed from your account ... unless you wanted to hide the fact you bought something from a spouse or loved one lol.

Personally I tried a bunch of free games that really sucked and now clutter my library and would really love to remove them from my library because I will  NEVER play them because they suck really bad

Richooal
Consultant

Personally I tried a bunch of free games that really sucked and now clutter my library and would really love to remove them from my library because I will  NEVER play them because they suck really bad

If you have uninstalled the games and don't want them showing in your Library, just use the "Filters".

mscxhsk4xmj1.jpg

Remove the "Tick" from "Uninstalled Apps" and they won't show.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.