Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Rodin Tribute Sculpting Contest -- Ends March 16th at 12pm PDT

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Oculus Medium Rodin Tribute Sculpting Contest

lnb9ujxju8z7.jpg

Sculpt a tribute to Auguste Rodin
utilizing Oculus Medium and enter to win a 3D print! You may use reference images or visit your nearest Rodin sculpture garden for inspiration. 

Rules: 

1. Submissions must be made in Medium only.
  2. Submit three (3) photos and/or a (1) 20-second video of your final sculpt.
  3. Submission screenshots and videos must be taken with Medium internal photo and video tools.
  4. One entry per participant.
  5. Must be 18 year or older, must be in located in United States, United Kingdom, Canada (excluding Quebec),
    France, Germany, Netherlands, Poland or Japan.   
  6. Please see official rules attached. 

Submission: 

1. Email submission of 3 photos and/or 1 20-second video to: medium@oculus.com
  2. Due before 12:00 p.m. PT on March 16, 2018

Judging Criteria: 

60 points: Design creativity and uniqueness

30 points: Interpretation and clarity of theme to the judges/viewers

10 points: Presentation (choice of pictures or video will not be counted against submission) 

Judges: Members of the Medium team. 

Good luck! 

51 REPLIES 51

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Just popping into to say thanks for introducing me to Rodin. I'd overlooked him in the past on account of I'm obsessed with realism and the "lumpiness" kinda put me off. Having stared at his work up close for a few hours now, working on an entry for this comp, I get where he was coming from. A masterclass in anatomy even if it doesn't look totally realistic. I'm a convert! 

LZoltowski
Champion

P3nT4gR4m said:

Just popping into to say thanks for introducing me to Rodin. I'd overlooked him in the past on account of I'm obsessed with realism and the "lumpiness" kinda put me off. Having stared at his work up close for a few hours now, working on an entry for this comp, I get where he was coming from. A masterclass in anatomy even if it doesn't look totally realistic. I'm a convert! 

The "gates of hell" is one of my favourite pieces, its sublime, I have seen it up close. http://www.rodinmuseum.org/collections/collectiontheme/4.html
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@LZoltowski Whoa!!! Good luck getting that sculpted by the 16th  😮

wavyeye
Explorer
Oh I'm going to give this one a go. Rodin is ace.

LZoltowski
Champion
My entry: A tribute to Rodin's angelic sculptures, wish I had more time on it.

z6q8otlrspzs.jpg
ve9pt8k85duk.jpgpafj0wec9ikn.jpg

video:

https://youtu.be/RuFSsVsGaqA

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
oops I think I disqualified myself, lol, not supposed to post these  (wish this was mentioned in the post and not in the fine print) .... oh well .. it was fun to make anywhoo 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
ops I'm so late to this, but guess it's time to tackle my fears straight on! (I suck at autonomy and makes me depressed whenever I try it 😄 )

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@FrozenPea  You suck at autonomy?Like you're paralysed?  😮

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

@FrozenPea  You suck at autonomy?Like you're paralysed?  😮

hahahaha ops typo  😄

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Exactly 1 WEEK left to submit your Rodin Tribute for our sculpting contest!! Due March 16th at 12pm PST. See rules above on how to submit. 

Check out this sculpt by Javier Villaba as a 3D Post for some inspiration. 

7qsge9761sj3.png