cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy used - Oculus Rift

arthurduque
Honored Guest
Hi, I don't know if in there the place for this doubt, so if not, sorry!
Anyone know, if I buy an Oculus Rift someone, the software and games coming together? 
for example, my Idea is to use Oculus principal with Quill and Medium, but if the old owner already purchases this software in your account. 
I can buy the quill and medium in my account too when I buy your Oculus?

5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you buy used, you will not get any of the included games, nor will you have a warranty.

It's actually a really bad idea to buy used, and you won't even really be saving money once you factor in the cost of the software (that's included free with new orders) or the fact that if anything goes wrong you will have no warranty.

But if you do insist on buying used, then you can create your own account and buy whatever software you want with it and it will work. But you will have to pay for the software, namely Medium and Quill, that come with new units.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

arthurduque
Honored Guest
Thanks for the quick feedback really good to know that! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought mine used. I got all the usual Oculus free stuff free...MEDIUM, QUILL, LUCKY'S TALE, ROBO RECALL etc.
I even got it to run on an old XEON DUAL QUAD 3GHz by using Runtime0.7 which they hide from us!
It is very bad and mafia style to shout at us with "not compatible" "did not pass the cpu test" etc. when in fact all games do run except the Free ECHO ARENA in which they kept the SSE4.1/4.2 cpu checks on loading it!
Cyber dude - sort these mafia out!

arthurduque
Honored Guest
Great! Thanks for the feedback! unfortunately, I finished my purchase now. But its okay, I just pay extra 50 dollars for a brand new one and increase a little more money to the Oculus Rift team, Improve for the Next Generation of VR (just hope them extend more time to launch new one). Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you like it so far?
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?