cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-side headphone stopped functioning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Oculus, I got my rift earlier this week from Bestbuy, and this morning when I put it on I noticed the audio on the right side was cutting in and out till it eventually stopped working all together. I imagine it has to do with the wiring inside as it seems to depend on how tight it is on my head.  Anyways; I don't have a clue about fixing things like this, so I was wondering if you could give any advice on what to do..   Thanks, I really love this product and it just isn't the same with only one side having audio. x_x
231 REPLIES 231

Wildt
Consultant
I got a refurbished one as a replacement - looks newish enough, and the audio is working perfectly so I'm content. Only took 7 days from they picked up my unit until I had the replacement. That was nice.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

MotamanIT
Honored Guest
Same issue here... Send it for replacement (bought on amazon), hope the new one will be ok...

johnco61
Expert Protege
I have to send mine back again for the same problem, don't look good for the future, I don't like the idea of getting a used one back ether

jtonyhdz
Honored Guest
Same here. I am really pissed off. I live in Nicaragua and sending back the product will cost me at least two hundred dollars. Come on. Bougth on Amazon 399 plus 100 for shipping in hollydays and two month later get breaked. Any advise?

Boondawgle
Explorer
I am also having this issue. I thought it was a driver issue at first but I find that if I mess with the strap or screw I am able to get audio from the right side for a little while which makes me believe it is the connection or cable. Mine is a pre-order. 

DigitalSurveys
Honored Guest
same problem here, right speaker goosed. if you fiddle with the strap comes on intermittently. Also my headset to pc cable has worn through to wire in places even though only had limited use.  Really not impressed with quality cant see it lasting that long.

phoenixdigital
Heroic Explorer
You should both contact support and see how you go regardless of preorder or not. I'm still surprised that ~40% of the people with this issue don't contact support based on the survey I put together a month ago.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15DWS5lVTzBGwrgs-kmewo9m7AjrWoSuZrNaX7yeXA8U

I'm sure it will take a few months before most people see or bother with the survey.

CPU: i5 6600K (conservative overclock), GPU: Asus GTX1080Ti (not overclocked), motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, USB Card 1: Inatek 4 Port, USB Card 2: Startek 2 Port

PIXELATED
Adventurer
@pheonixdigital I've filled in your survey + thanks for the time you spent creating it.
The right handside earphone on my CV1 has stopped working <18 months of light use.
I was one of those who said i hadn't contacted support in your survey because of all the hassle I went through the last time my headset went faulty. 
My partner bought it for me as a special birthday gift (arrived Summer 2016 @ full price!) so had to ask her to deal with Oculus because they refused to believe it was mine... long story short we eventually got there.
So now it looks like I have to go through everything again... is it plugged in? what drivers/computer do you have? Can you ask the person who bought it for you to contact us so we can ask her lots of really complicated questions about a device she doesn't use!!!
Encouraged by this thread, I'm going to submit a support ticket. Refer Oculus to this thread and hopefully they will have a record of the last time they replaced my headset.. 
I've a feeling two years warranty for UK users is going to be tested.. but I am sincerely concerned for those who only have one year as this 'design fault' or use of inferior components in the earphone mechanism will not go away.
Good luck everyone.
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

PIXELATED
Adventurer
^^Support ticket submitted^^ Fingers crossed... but I'm guessing they are pretty busy today  😞
Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35

BBZ149
Protege

johnco61 said:

I have to send mine back again for the same problem, don't look good for the future, I don't like the idea of getting a used one back ether

Dont worry about getting a refurb back, if like my replacement then it was like brand new!!