cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Games will not launch

HH_BF1
Explorer
Hi all,
My games will not launch, and sometimes my library is empty. I am running win10, GTX 1080TI (rolled backed drivers to 388.59). My windows is updated and I doubt my anti-virus is causing any problems(as I have ran oculus for several months without problems). When I start oculus my desktop shows my library games, but through the headset I often see no games at all or if they are there they try (or seem to) launch for a split second. I have tried fresh reinstall of Oculus software (couple of times now). To make it simple I have now only installed Robo recall. I then ran oculus 'repair', reinstalled Robo. Still will not run. Tried logging in and out (this did show the game in my headset). but still will not launch. I have a sneaky feeling its a windows thing.

I have read a heap online but meeeeh I still need your help! Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9

LZoltowski
Champion
Can you gather your logs and post the zip here?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

HH_BF1
Explorer
I hope that's it

LZoltowski
Champion
That zip seems to be corrupted, cannot open it.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

HH_BF1
Explorer
Sorry about that I did check it b4 sending. I have ran the gatherer again attached the new zip. I appreciate your help.

HH_BF1
Explorer
(just updated with windows KB4090913 which mentions USB fixes and what not.... it didn't help)

HH_BF1
Explorer
So anyone reading this, after many installs the new patch etc, it was a C++ 2015 runtime  error. Basically I uninstalled C++ 2017 using control panel and uninstall a program. This then allowed me to install C++2015  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

I then downloaded C++ 2017 and installed that. (there was a post somewhere in here with links for all the backdated C++ versions, which I ran, but it was the 2015 that did the trick.

Lads and lasses, I know you are having problems at oculus, but the support was disappointing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are a freaking saint. I just got my rift today and it seemed fine til i tried to open robo recall, nothing, then google earth vr didn't work. My searching brought me here, I uninstalled C++2017, installed C++2015 the reinstalled c++2017, which seems to have overwritten c++2015 in apps available? Anyway opened Oculus home and my touch controllers were there? Thats different I thought. Then I picked one up and my freaking hand appeared. None of this happened before reading your fix. Im not sure if the oculus install needs updated or my windows was messed up but I thank you very much. Oh yeah both games work now too!

TexStar
Honored Guest
I have the same issues I can not run any games from oculus menu and will not reinstall.  I am hoping that steam gets all the games I have, games work fine in Steam?

Caldwell79
Explorer
having same issue running issue lets try it which mentioned above hope it will helpful