cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

apexmaster
Explorer
how do you reset clock back?

esben_dalgaard_
Explorer
This would be sort of fun, if it wasn't so embarrasing.

apexmaster
Explorer
just change date to march 1st, almost done with oculus software DL

p1u
Honored Guest
I did repair = no work. now uninstall, cleaned oculus junks from registery + dll's. now trying clean oculus install, maybe there new dll or something.

Baggins137
Honored Guest
Well I changed the date on my computer and it works again, so obviously you guys did figure it out. Thanks for the temp fix idea.

NIKEoo8
Honored Guest
corrected the date - helped. When can I return this date?

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Press start/Windows key and type: cmd - right click that and start as administrator
In the new window type: time
Enter the desired time, for example 03:00 (just anything below 13:00 is fine)
Restart the Oculus software by executing the following commands in the same cmd window.
net stop OVRService
net start OVRService

Then start the oculus client by running %OCULUSBASE%\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe

Just let my Oculus software update and the OculusAppFramework.dll file has a new certificate, so after that you can set the time back to normal.
(you can run the command "w32tm /resync"  to trigger windows to update the time with a time server automatically)

druffe
Explorer
The oculus chef Software developer tried to fix that problem but its difficult.

MattLaverick
Explorer
Changing the system clock worked for me. I set the date to 28th Feb and restarted my machine and it works.It's  temporary solution at least

ticmike3
Honored Guest

NIKEoo8 said:

corrected the date - helped. When can I return this date?

I'd assume when Oculus have got their shit together and fixed the issue