cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

YBRayne
Honored Guest
Wow, what a mess.  C'mon Oculus, please fix ASAP!

MikeJeffries
Explorer
But how could Oculus miss this?

ec
Explorer

Mace404 said:

The certificate had a 3 year validity. It was signed at 21st of May 2015.
It's pretty common for certificates to have an expiration of 1-3 years.

Yeah but it's terrible management that lets it expire without pushing out a new cert prior to expiration.

marcosevera92
Honored Guest
Anche io stesso problema purtroppo ho disinstallato oculus e ora lo sto riscaricando .
se metto 24 ore indietro dovrebbe andare di nuovo , ma una volta che il sistema arriva alle ore 13 del 7 marzo avremo di nuovo il problema?

MrFraggle
Explorer
Not much point in my system date being a week behind then? Though I did set up Steam VR.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

ec said:

Someone needs to get fired for this...

jesus christ get some perspective (wo)man!

asking for someone to lose their job over an oversight which WILL be fixed in a few hrs.. wow!.

(I agree it is poor form and embarrasing but come on... its not like this software is controlling a life support system in a hospital!)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

SemyBaxx
Honored Guest
Same ... greetings from germany 

toastyghosty
Honored Guest
same just spent hours re-installing before reading this.

SemyBaxx
Honored Guest

Mace404 said:

Press start/Windows key and type: cmd - right click that and start as administrator
In the new window type: time
Enter the desired time, for example 03:00 (just anything below 13:00 is fine)
Restart the Oculus software by executing the following commands in the same cmd window.
net stop OVRService
net start OVRService

Then start the oculus client by running %OCULUSBASE%\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe

Just let my Oculus software update and the OculusAppFramework.dll file has a new certificate, so after that you can set the time back to normal.
(you can run the command "w32tm /resync"  to trigger windows to update the time with a time server automatically)

IS WORKING FOR ME

LinusOnTheGo
Protege
Changing the time just let me open up Oculus, but the headset is "dead", totally black and I can't trigger it too work.
It would be nice if someone from Oculus could just comment so we know that someone is working on this and give us a hint about how long it will take to get a proper fix?