cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

LinusOnTheGo
Protege

pbutcher said:

This is kinda interesting also. Don't know if this has anything to do with the particular problem do.
https://segmentnext.com/2018/03/07/nvidia-388-59-driver-oculus-rift/
Oculus is warning users regarding the Nvidia 388.59 driver update that comes with a black screen of death issue on the Oculus Rift. Some users have been facing this issue when the PC is turned back on from the sleep mode. If you are facing this then this is not a hardware issue but an Nvidia 388.59 driver problem.
But it's a mix of the problem I have. Black Screen (but I don't use that drive). And the "pop-up" error when I start.

There are too many people reporting the same issue at the same time for this to be the case, surely?

Yeah, I hope that is the case.

But see it as a heads-up if they fix this so you don't break your headset after the fix doe the NVIDIA update :wink:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Setting the system clock worked here too.  Very poor solution as I'm developing an app on Oculus and need to access my source control which creates a lot of mess when the system clock is set back. 😉 

Greetings form Norway

hu3ll1
Honored Guest

SemyBaxx said:

Mace404 said:

Press start/Windows key and type: cmd - right click that and start as administrator
In the new window type: time
Enter the desired time, for example 03:00 (just anything below 13:00 is fine)
Restart the Oculus software by executing the following commands in the same cmd window.
net stop OVRService
net start OVRService

Then start the oculus client by running %OCULUSBASE%\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe

Just let my Oculus software update and the OculusAppFramework.dll file has a new certificate, so after that you can set the time back to normal.
(you can run the command "w32tm /resync"  to trigger windows to update the time with a time server automatically)

IS WORKING FOR ME

Hi did you checked the certificate? I‘ve had no changes there. Same expiring date as before.

pbutcher
Protege

pbutcher said:

This is kinda interesting also. Don't know if this has anything to do with the particular problem do.
https://segmentnext.com/2018/03/07/nvidia-388-59-driver-oculus-rift/
Oculus is warning users regarding the Nvidia 388.59 driver update that comes with a black screen of death issue on the Oculus Rift. Some users have been facing this issue when the PC is turned back on from the sleep mode. If you are facing this then this is not a hardware issue but an Nvidia 388.59 driver problem.
But it's a mix of the problem I have. Black Screen (but I don't use that drive). And the "pop-up" error when I start.

There are too many people reporting the same issue at the same time for this to be the case, surely?

Yeah, I hope that is the case.

But see it as a heads-up if they fix this so you don't break your headset after the fix doe the NVIDIA update :wink:

Yeah, I doubled checked my driver version, I haven't updated to the latest version anyway, so thanks for the heads-up!

Snoey
Explorer
Yeah, it will be few hours indeed Zenbane.
For anyone out there that demands a response for Oculus support, please be patient. It's barely 8AM for them, they barely started their workday to see the world burn.

But let's not forget Facebook is a gigantic company and such error should not have took place. It's shutting down acces to Oculus for everyone global-wide, so we'd better see someone from the Dev Team make a proper response for it.

constantin_mire
Honored Guest
Getting the same problem, after reinstalling drivers and oculus software multiple times, i changed the date and it works. Oculus should really release a fix straight away

Baldoren
Explorer
I understand there is a problem.. Problems happen, certificates expire. However updating the community does not require an update, a certification, or anything else. The fact that there is no twitter update, no facebook update, and not one response here from Oculus is what I’m unhappy about. Now the general population has been trained to reinstall, reboot, restart and waste an hour to 2 hours trying to see what we did wrong when all they have to do is say we are aware of the issue and working on it.

If your going to go cheap on your support by keeping it all digital then USE THE DIGITAL SUPPORT! 

ArturCM
Honored Guest
What a shame to know the reason of the problem after 2 hours trying to resolve by myself.

Shehow
Honored Guest
This worked for me but if i change the time back it wont launch again.

mckay1717
Protege

Mace404 said:

Press start/Windows key and type: cmd - right click that and start as administrator
In the new window type: time
Enter the desired time, for example 03:00 (just anything below 13:00 is fine)
Restart the Oculus software by executing the following commands in the same cmd window.
net stop OVRService
net start OVRService

Then start the oculus client by running %OCULUSBASE%\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe

Just let my Oculus software update and the OculusAppFramework.dll file has a new certificate, so after that you can set the time back to normal.
(you can run the command "w32tm /resync"  to trigger windows to update the time with a time server automatically)

Dont worked for me 😞

Oculus started but no updates.. after restart and time change back, same again