cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

mvdhoeven
Honored Guest
We're living in a 24/7 society so there should be 24/7 support

Anonymous
Not applicable

Baldoren said:

I understand there is a problem.. Problems happen, certificates expire. However updating the community does not require an update, a certification, or anything else. The fact that there is no twitter update, no facebook update, and not one response here from Oculus is what I’m unhappy about. Now the general population has been trained to reinstall, reboot, restart and waste an hour to 2 hours trying to see what we did wrong when all they have to do is say we are aware of the issue and working on it.

If your going to go cheap on your support by keeping it all digital then USE THE DIGITAL SUPPORT! 

Yep

funilab
Explorer
'glad' to see this is a global issue, I wasted like 2 hours trying all sort of thing before finding this topic. quite embarassing 

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star

In California, the working day hasn't even started. How do you expect them to answer when they're not even working? Basically the company was closed when the problem occured, so as it was stated, let's be patient.
We are right to be pissed off by the problem, not by the fact that they didn't reply yet.

With all the fanfare from Facebook about $100s millions spent on software titles, seemingly unlimited resources to develop cutting edge hardware for the next generation, including large teams in different fields, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to fund at least a skeleton support team beyond the 9-5 working hours, ready to react to any emergencies such as this. The cost would be a spit in the ocean in the scheme of things. There are companies a tiny fraction of 1% of the size of Facebook who provide 24 hour cover.

Defending them by saying it's not much past 8am is frankly ludicrous!

FlyingDoodle
Explorer
All they needed to do was post something to give users a "heads up".

Falschfahrer
Explorer
... me too ...  :#
from Germany
ly7dz2mdks0y.gif

delmonti007
Explorer

I have to say, what a shower of sh1te Oculus software devs must be to allow this to happen AND to be silent on the matter. There's obviously not a single 'manger' from Oculus with the nownce or bollocks to at least put out a public-wide acknowledgement about this issue. If this can happen, imagine what else they cant be arsed with.

In California, the working day hasn't even started. How do you expect them to answer when they're not even working? Basically the company was closed when the problem occured, so as it was stated, let's be patient.
We are right to be pissed off by the problem, not by the fact that they didn't reply yet.

When they sleep has nothing to do with this. They are part of a global company. Someone somewhere is being paid for out of hours support, along with managerial support. Arses need kicking.

pbutcher
Protege

Shehow said:

This worked for me but if i change the time back it wont launch again.

Yeah, just leave the time in the past for now.

I'm a WebVR developer which means setting the time back doesn't completely solve the issue for me because browsers don't like it if your clock is out of sync.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So what I'm seeing is this is purely Oculus, right? Nothing wrong on our part? I've had this error before and a re-install of the software solved it, just wanted to make sure this is purely an Oculus issue and nothing I did (when you pay $400 for something you really want to make sure it's not your fault it's not working).

pbutcher
Protege

EightBit5 said:

So what I'm seeing is this is purely Oculus, right? Nothing wrong on our part? I've had this error before and a re-install of the software solved it, just wanted to make sure this is purely an Oculus issue and nothing I did (when you pay $400 for something you really want to make sure it's not your fault it's not working).

Correct, this issue is out of our hands.