cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

onemoreblue
Explorer
Just installed my rift yesterday ...welcome to the community I guess LOL ... hope this isn't a normal thing 

Aymito2
Expert Protege
seriously where is Oculus Support for any  response until now ....????

Patrick2909
Protege
I have the same problem as everyone, because the certificate, what you can find here:

Files \ Oculus \ Support \ oculus-runtime \ OculusAppFramework.dll has expired, it ran from 21.05.2015 - 07.03.2018

It is really embarrassing that you forgot to extend the certificate, I hope Oculus gives us each a game.

But you can not do anything right now, it's just Oculus, just wait and see when the problem is fixed.

Come from germany, am beta tester!

JonJonXD
Expert Protege

Storm_Cloud said:

There are companies a tiny fraction of 1% of the size of Facebook who provide 24 hour cover.
Defending them by saying it's not much past 8am is frankly ludicrous!

There are also a ton of companies as big as Facebook (or even bigger) that don't provide it. It's a shame, but 24/7 service is not something due. If your computer suddenly explodes at midnight, or if your car gets wrecked at 5 am, you'll have to wait for the day to begin (well, I guess that depends on the companies xD, but you see what I mean hopefully).

They provide a 24/7 storefront and obviously have data centers to manage it.

I have never seen a data center for a larger company ever not have 24/7 coverage.

I am thinking that it is less a lack of coverage, and them trying to scramble with their certificate authority partner getting this thing renewed and come up with an action plan to execute on this.
PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

STEWIE1701
Explorer

Just installed my rift yesterday ...welcome to the community I guess LOL ... hope this isn't a normal thing 

lol same here dude. I just got mine yesterday as well!

Snoey
Explorer
I believe that among us, people browsing this thread, there is alerady few people working in some IT News website making an article about it.

Multimilionare company defeated by the expiry date   😄

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege
Just going to throw my cry among the rest!

HELP!!!! 

I'm already going to have to contact Amazon about a replacement because one of my controllers is defected.

Really Loud Mouse Clicks and BATTERY life diminishes extremely quickly, and I've barely used it...

I hope this issue gets resolved because I just purchased a third sensor and was finally enjoying developing in VR Mode in UE4 

I'd hate to go VIVE I heard they have many software and hardware issues also and support seems to be a nightmare...

I don't need that stress 
1 CPU: Alienware M17 R4: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 16GB GDDR6, 10th Generation Intel Core(TM) i9-10980HK (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.3GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
2nd CPU: Alienware Aurora R12: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X, 11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

TorTorden
Protege

lol same here dude. I just got mine yesterday as well!

Sadly, almost two years in, and every update to Oculus itself, windows especially, and new gpu drivers has been installed with crossed fingers and the mantra "Don't break my VR, Please don't break my VR."...

It is awesome though,,
When it works..

riseagainst64
Honored Guest
Lol thought revive is broken because i could not start Medium today. VR is awesome but not ready for mainstream if a big company like Facebook makes errors like this.... and is unable to fix them immediately. I would not suggest to change the clock. You will likely get other issues and changing the clock will not let you play certain games (rec room f.e.) I really hope they can fix it soon. Damn i want to skulpt!

delmonti007
Explorer
....so, I have my Virus checker, Internet security, Anti-Phishing, Rootkit checker, Ransomware Blocker, Spyware & Trojan killers..

and all it took was lazy management and a bad date code to render global wide bricking of Oculus. 

Nice.