cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

LZoltowski
Champion

Mace404 said:

rupert said:

If the Runtime Service won't start, how is it going to download the fix?

Lol, good question 😕

Through the online installer - doing a repair.

Ah, didn't think about that, good point.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

bigmike20vt
Visionary

Sakkura said:

Together with Oculus' inability to colaborate with Nvidia to create properly working drivers for MORE THAN HALF A YEAR now, the expiration of a DLL and a GLOBAL BLACK-OUT of their hardware is the SUPERB PINNACLE OF AMATEURISM AND INCOMPETENCE.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the entire company was run by one guy on a couch (who's still asleep, so he can't respond to the global black-out of his hardware).

RIDICULOUS!

Nvidia's driver issues are Nvidia's responsibility. AMD hasn't been having those issues, so clearly the problem is not on Oculus' end.

pretty sure my mate rolled back the nvidia drivers on his vive too due to issues
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Nendash
Honored Guest
Wouldn't mind a fix. -.-

MoeCapp
Protege
No biggie, I'm sure there will be an easy fix soon.

But it does raise a bigger question in general as to why the hardware would be designed to stop functioning in the first place? It's bad enough the Rift doesn't come with offline drivers that we can roll back if need be like with any normal hardware product.

LinusOnTheGo
Protege
Seriously, why don't ppl read everything before spitting out: How to fix it, I changed the clock, when is this ready...?
Please, read, think, post. 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion

Sakkura said:

Together with Oculus' inability to colaborate with Nvidia to create properly working drivers for MORE THAN HALF A YEAR now, the expiration of a DLL and a GLOBAL BLACK-OUT of their hardware is the SUPERB PINNACLE OF AMATEURISM AND INCOMPETENCE.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the entire company was run by one guy on a couch (who's still asleep, so he can't respond to the global black-out of his hardware).

RIDICULOUS!

Nvidia's driver issues are Nvidia's responsibility. AMD hasn't been having those issues, so clearly the problem is not on Oculus' end.

pretty sure my mate rolled back the nvidia drivers on his vive too due to issues

That's correct, Nvidia even lists it as an ongoing bug for both VIVE and Rift in the latest release notes.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

STEWIE1701
Explorer

Hallefex said:

Hallefex said:

Just installed my rift yesterday ...welcome to the community I guess LOL ... hope this isn't a normal thing 

lol same here dude. I just got mine yesterday as well!

I got mine just 4 hours ago, I'm not kidding !  :'(

when we can actually get back in, we should all friend each other for games.. we can look back and laugh at how we met... or cry... either way. :/\

Agreed. Hard to get my first Oculus experience on a support forum.  😐

yeah man, this sucks. Last night was my first time in VR (besides the one time in 1993) and I think I said "whoa" more time in the few hours I played then I have my entire life lol. But yeah, I'll throw ya a friend request as soon as I figure out how to do that!

Henri1970
Adventurer
how long does it take to obtain a certificate? does it involve someone checking any code? 

Hallefex
Explorer

Henri1970 said:

how long does it take to obtain a certificate? does it involve someone checking any code? 

I really hope it's gonna be done ASAP, like in the next 5-6 hours.

Bluecheez
Explorer

rupert said:

If the Runtime Service won't start, how is it going to download the fix?

Lol, good question 😕

I guess the simple solution is a 200kb download to patch the expired certificate !