cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

LZoltowski
Champion

Oculus has responded in the Reddit thread that they are now working on the issue. I don't care if you chew them the hell out or what, just DONT CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM TIME.

So Reddit is the place to be.... not the official support forum.  Makes perfect sense.

Did you ever get useful official support on the "Official Support Forum" so far?

This forum is mostly run by the community and volunteers. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

andreas_sihm
Honored Guest
Omg damn. Instant return. Got my Rift yesterday.

JoiTheDark
Explorer

Use RunAsDate to start Oculus/Support/oculus-runtime/OVRServer_x64 instead of fucking around with your system Time/Date settings.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

Wunderbear
Explorer

how do you reset clock back?

Go to settings and do it from there. You have to turn off automatic.

greycoat1980
Honored Guest
This is an absolute joke. Rookie stuff. Setting time back worked for me too. Hours wasted diagnosing this before I came here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Omg damn. Instant return. Got my Rift yesterday.

I wouldn't,  you would be missing out. Have had my Rift over a year and love it - first time I have seen anything like this. I am sure a fix will be out soon, not the end of the world - at least to me...

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Jhullings said:

Aliantha said:

You serious gamers have no excuse now to not get a shower and maybe go look at the sun!
I kid, I kid

It's only been 1 month without a shower so I still have weeks to go before taking one. Thanks for the advice (i'm kidding)

About which part?

Anonymous
Not applicable
feel bad for all those people attempting to use the rift for the first time and they get this runtime error. Oculus needs to fix this ASAP. literally all hands on deck. There also needs to be a 'Zuck Review' over this. 

PapaCraig
Explorer
You suck Oculus

whartsell
Honored Guest

How does changing the time on your computer cause problems... That's BS...  

you are kidding right?  There are many things that can go wrong.  For example...how does your email client handle a reply sent before the original email?  how does an updater handle a check for updates when updates have been applied in the "Future"....pretty much all sessions are most likely to  expire and could not be renewed till after the "future" sessions expiration time,etc...ITs not worth it

Are you willing to trust that every piece of software you use has been tested for this scenario?