New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

Comments

• SnuggledSnuggled Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    You won't break anything significant by changing your system clock. Your event logs will be confusing as hell and your file modification dates will be all wrong, but it's unlikely anything will be affected in a serious way. The only thing you open yourself up to is expired certificates becoming valid. Change your system clock if you're desperate. Use nirsoft's run at date if you really feel like it. It's your computer.
  • BadDanMEBadDanME Posts: 64
    Hiro Protagonist
    As angry as I am myself at the moment, stick with it dave.atkinson.1612, it is totally worth it.
  • SnuggledSnuggled Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Oh, and if you do change your clock, just restart the runtime service in services manager. There's no need to reboot or anything.
  • STEWIE1701STEWIE1701 Posts: 8
    Brain Burst
    Looks like I picked a bad day to buy a rift. My rift arrived this morning, I've been patiently waiting for some spare time (2 kids 3yo and 2 week old). My lack of sleep combined with this issue, Is more emotional than expected
    welcome to the team! There's been quite a few of us who have made comments about just getting our Rifts either today or yesterday lol. I got mine yesterday and played for a few AMAZING hours. It definitely is a lot of fun. If you're looking for new friends also, some of us have messaged each other and plan to team up at some point when they get this mess fixed :)

• PROJ3CTALPH4PROJ3CTALPH4 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    Its a pretty funny mistake to see a company that has done so much forget something so simple. For me I will just wait for Oculus to figure it out. The time travel is tempting, but that can possibly lead to some serious driver and software problems after the fact. Its already a headache dealing with a windows, nividia, etc upgrade when its done with the correct time and date. I kinda need a reason to play some good old 2D games anyway :) 
  • BoneboysBoneboys Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    How does changing the time on your computer cause problems... That's BS...  
    Because the hotfix (that will come) will not come, as and when provided by Oculus development.
    Add many many more incompatibilities that experts such as yourself are so obviously unaware of.
    Turning back time will work as a quick workaround, nothing more.
    Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.
  • adhomeadhome Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Got Update. But.....
    Why was the certificate date updated from 2Feb18 to 2March18 ?  We have 7.March....
  • lag0maticlag0matic Posts: 142
    Art3mis
    I've had my rift for about a month now.  Got the 3rd sensor a week after grabbing the basic rift+touch system.  Its been absolutely awesome to play with.  I guess, from some of the replies I've gotten on my posts suggesting people relax a bit, that this is way more serious to a lot of people than it is to me.  I've still got other games to play, laundry to do, dishes to sort, etc.  I dont -need- my rift, so, while this is an inconvenience, its not a tragedy.  

Anyhow - to you new folks out there! I suggest giving robo recall and dead and buried some play time when this all gets fixed, both are fantastic games, and Dead and Buried could use some new players!  

Any of you who have driving wheels, and games like Project Cars 2, you're going to LOVE the immersion of driving in VR.  I find myself leaning in my chair into the turns! 

Enjoy yourselves.
  • MJPF70MJPF70 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Bonsoir , c'est bizarre comme tout le monde est con , oui con et bête . Quand tout fonctionne bien , il y a personne qui est la pour encourager les développeurs et autres techniciens. MAIS quand il y a un COUHAC dans vos petites vies car vous ne pouvez plus jouer et que " je vous l'avais dis c'est de la m... je vais chez le voisins', le monde qui peut y avoir a critiquer . L'erreur est humaine qui ne se trompe pas dans la vie .
    C'est pas parce que vous n'allez pas jouer se soir ,à attendre une bonne réponse d'Oculus. PUTAIN LES MECS  PATIENCE  et arrêtez de penser a mal car déjà vous l'avez acheter cette oculus qui vous tien à cœur et que vous avez si bien promu quand tout allait bien jusqu’à se jour.
    Je vous entend en se moment dire  :
    j'ai acheter se truc si chère mais passer de bonnes soirée entre copains et les rigolades , venez chez moi j'ai la VR quand d'autre non même pas de pc gamer 

Mais bon je vais en rester la et me consoler car pour tout il y a une réponse. 

Hiro Protagonist
    What is it with french and russian people always ignoring, that they are posting in an international forum, where you should simply use english language, so everyone may be able to help?
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis

BadDanME said:
    What is it with french and russian people always ignoring, that they are posting in an international forum, where you should simply use english language, so everyone may be able to help?
    French people think everybody should understand and speak and EAT french in the whole world......I hate french tourists for that ! You know what ? I'm french actually, and I hide when I'm abroad and hear or see french people near me, I'm so ashamed !
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• AncientTrisAncientTris Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Got mine Sunday.... oh well. Have to admit the thought of something like this rendering the rift completely useless surprises me. I will wait for official fix.. in the meantime I am up for friending other new peeps (nothing against vets) just think it would be cool to explore some stuff together. Played laser tag on alt space, nearly lost  my s*@% when I realized you could quickly shoot round corners and stuff.
  • DsMBirdzDsMBirdz Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    How will we know when Oculus fixes this?
  • BoneboysBoneboys Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ah, zee bashing francais, quel bonheur !
    Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.
    Hiro Protagonist
    When the damn thing works again. ;)
  • twitchikbigfood1twitchikbigfood1 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    i just wanna fucking send it back and get my money back fucking hell first day i got it i cant even play

• JadenKorrDevoreJadenKorrDevore Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    i just wanna fucking send it back and get my money back fucking hell first day i got it i cant even play

I mean. I wouldn't. This is the first time this has happened and up to now it is been a blast every day since I bought it. It will provide hours of entertainment and won't blow itself up when you sweat while playing.
  • Buster28Buster28 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I did exactly as @Mace404 said ..the only thing diff was to run CMD in Admin mode ...temp fix I know, but thanks Mace404 ....
  • janostanekjanostanek Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    how do I know it's fixed? Send Email? or how? or do I have to search the forum? (everyone does not speak English) Damn I am Czech and I can not speak English   :/
  • EtsijaEtsija Posts: 17
    Brain Burst
    Oh what joy it will be when they publish the fix and all customers start running the repair once again. It will be like Steam on the first day of Christmas Sales. Slow. Slooooooooowwww.
  • Zer0SquaredZer0Squared Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Just right-click your system clock - switch to manual - change the date back one day.  
    Go to Task Manager - restart the Oculus Runtime Service and bang...it works.
    Go back to system clock and switch back to automatic...until they fix it.
    No worries.
  • HollishHollish Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    Just right-click your system clock - switch to manual - change the date back one day.  
    No worries.
    Stop suggesting this. It may work out fine for you, but that doesn't mean it won't mess up other software when you roll the date back.
  • EtsijaEtsija Posts: 17
    Brain Burst
    No worries.
    No don't do it. It will cause you more problems.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/82nuzi/cant_reach_oculus_runtime_service/dvbkc25/

NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    You're only switching the date for like....one minute....then switching it back immediately once Oculus launches.  I'm not suggesting to keep it that way.  Calm down, people.

In the meantime, I'm going back to playing while you guys wait for this "fix" that's coming, who knows when.
    NerveGear
    You're only switching the date for like....one minute....then switching it back immediately once Oculus launches.  I'm not suggesting to keep it that way.  Calm down, people.

In the meantime, I'm going back to playing while you guys wait for this "fix" that's coming, who knows when.
    You're making the fatal mistake of assuming people will continue following instructions after it starts working. This is not a safe suggestion for everyone, but if it works for you then by all means enjoy your rift.
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    "Fatal mistake"???  LoL  Really?  Are people dying from this?

I think YOU'RE making the mistake of thinking that all of these people here are idiots and don't know how to use a computer.  I'm offering a working suggestion - temporary fix - more than what we've heard from Oculus.  Again - a suggestion.

Stop calling our fellow Rift'ers stupid and don't presume to tell these people what they can and cannot do with their PCs.
  • PsyonysusPsyonysus Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Same problem as every one, its down to an expired windows certificate, i just set my time and date manually to be last month as every one else has, now working no problem. will do until fix comes, all i use my pc for is oculus, so no problem having wrong date.
  • Farscape33Farscape33 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i am dutch i heve  the same problem. wait for an official solution it is the best thing to do  

• smatthews1999smatthews1999 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    8 hours ago this thread started.  Hard to believe they have not come up with a fix.  Someone should get fired for this shit.  I'm not going to die w/o my Rift for one day... but it calls into question the serious "big brother" nature of this service, and how it can be crashed by a single point of failure.  Thank god these people are not running anyone's life support.
    NerveGear
    "Fatal mistake"???  LoL  Really?  Are people dying from this?

I think YOU'RE making the mistake of thinking that all of these people here are idiots and don't know how to use a computer.  I'm offering a working suggestion - temporary fix - more than what we've heard from Oculus.  Again - a suggestion.

Stop calling our fellow Rift'ers stupid and don't presume to tell these people what they can and cannot do with their PCs.
    I think I hit a nerve...