Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status - Page 11 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• FlyingDoodleFlyingDoodle Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    "The Wave" app is planning a rave party with DJ tonight for 7pm PST, I hope Oculus gets it going so I can attend. If users have never tried "The Wave" app, it's fun and free at Steam.  An amazing psychedelic trip is in store for your senses and a place to gather and meet folks with music and art interests.  Hopefully, see some of you folks for tonight's rave party...
  • cap-18-2-2017cap-18-2-2017 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Only if you first enable offline mode, while online, at least, last time I had to deal with steam and no internet!

No m8 just uplug you internet restart your pc ..steamupdate fails and then. It will ask try to reconnect or starts in offline mode 
  • duerrsduerrs Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    rugalcs said:
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR!!

At least, I hope Oculus will have a detail with all of the comunity, for example giving for free a AAA game, like LONE ECHO!!

WE WANT TO PLAY VR!!
    LONE ECHO FOR FREE FOR EVERYBODY!!

we will be lucky if we get an update on whats going on, or best case an im sorry....we were really stupid statement.  evil companys never give out freebies no matter how stupid the mistake was.
  • WiLLuMPJuHWiLLuMPJuH Posts: 101
    Art3mis
    edited March 2018
    kRAyZZed said:
    Oculus fix this quick before I get in trouble with the wife for spending more money (I havent technically told her how much the Rift was yet...)

Dead man typing.

Oculus response would probably be : " We' d like to certify that immediately to your wife. Standby while we resolve technical matters." 
  • ChrisTheMachineChrisTheMachine Posts: 107
    Hiro Protagonist
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR

• maverixxxmaverixxx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    I've been crazy for 2 hours re-installign drivers+sorftware and graphic driver etc and I finally found this threat...
  • schuremschurem Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    rugalcs said:
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR!!

At least, I hope Oculus will have a detail with all of the comunity, for example giving for free a AAA game, like LONE ECHO!!

WE WANT TO PLAY VR!!

jesus kid, that is just no way to handle this like a healthy human being. Your toy is broken. Its being fixed. This might take a bit to fix. Have some patience and stop wailing for compensation as if this really affects your life. Gah. 

#Firstworldproblems huh.
  • AndTraxAndTrax Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    Aliantha said:
    This is going to take as long to fix as it takes to fix.  I seriously doubt they are sitting there waiting for enough people to be pissed to work on this.  Hopefully they are working on the issue and not even reading the forums.  Vent as needed, but I have always found the Oculus team to be pretty receptive and I am confident (even if I am a Pollyanna) that they are doing just that.
    Your positivity makes this fun, no ones stealing your joy!

AMD Threadripper 1900x, Liqtech TR4 360, EVGA 1080ti hybrid, Gigabyte x399 Aorus Gaming 7, 32 GB XPG z1 3000, Samsung 960 EVO, Crucial MX500, RGB all over
  • EightBit5EightBit5 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
  • The_mighty_spoonThe_mighty_spoon Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
  • ChrisTheMachineChrisTheMachine Posts: 107
    Hiro Protagonist
    lag0matic said:
    While we wait for the software to come back up! I thought I'd share some advice for the new people, at least, those that wear glasses like me!  I found a 3d printed insert that goes inside the HMD, which holds a pair of  prescription lenses.  I got the 3d printed thing on ebay, and it came with instructions on ordering a pair of glasses from Zenni optical, with your prescription.    All in all, with shipping and such, I think my total investment was just under 40$, and, I no longer have to wear my glasses under my headset.  
    for me, thw white light is telling me that oculus is opened, why is your white instead of orange ?

• kRAyZZedkRAyZZed Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    lag0matic said:
    While we wait for the software to come back up! I thought I'd share some advice for the new people, at least, those that wear glasses like me!  I found a 3d printed insert that goes inside the HMD, which holds a pair of  prescription lenses.  I got the 3d printed thing on ebay, and it came with instructions on ordering a pair of glasses from Zenni optical, with your prescription.    All in all, with shipping and such, I think my total investment was just under 40$, and, I no longer have to wear my glasses under my headset.  
    I like the look of this a fair bit, i find I sometimes have to adjust/push my glassed up the bridge of my nose whilst in VR for longer than an hour or so, so a fixed solution would be great - does it clip out easily as well? Just for when others want to use it?
  • SpharxSpharx Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Im really for a free game.. its a mistake that should not happen. I need my vr for work and hobby and my friend just got his rift today and is very pissed about it... 

PLEASE Oculus team hurry up :P thankiies
  • duerrsduerrs Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    lag0matic said:
    where did you find the insert?  I was going to buy contact lenses but this is a better solution for me.
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    Countersignature seems to be missing since version 1.23.
    It was still present on the files from 1.22.
  • Danjo1712Danjo1712 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    kRAyZZed said:
    I have a problem, all this time not in VR is being used browsing Amazon and eBay trying to decide which VR accessories to get for my Rift. 
    Just ordered a leap motion sensor.... Oculus fix this quick before I get in trouble with the wife for spending more money (I havent technically told her how much the Rift was yet...)

Is that Leapmotion thing really working as smooth as shown on their website?
  • VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 481
    Trinity
    duerrs said:
    rugalcs said:
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR!!

WE WANT TO PLAY VR!!

we will be lucky if we get an update on whats going on, or best case an im sorry....we were really stupid statement.  evil companys never give out freebies no matter how stupid the mistake was.

I mess up in life sometimes, doesn't make me evil... being female makes me evil.  

I don't need compensation, if they give it great, but I have enjoyed the hell out of my Oculus so much I wore out a touch controller... I'm a happy customer overall, everyone is entitled to a bad day unless that bad day kills me... that would be wholly unacceptable.
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Yeah, chanting "We want to play VR" is pretty childish. It sucks, but go find something else to do for a bit. 
  • CandriuCandriu Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yikes, a cert expiring of all things. Dealing with this walled garden is making me regret getting the Rift instead of a Vive or even WMR. 
  • UntoldForceUntoldForce Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    lag0matic said:
    I bought the Rift from Amazon on Monday and it just came in today. I tried to set it up and nothing is working. Is this the cause of my problems? Should I return the unit to Amazon?
    Nothing wrong with your hardware, this is all software! Don't return anything, just hang in there!

If they can't even keep their core services operational then why should I keep it? I'll just return the Rift and get a Vive Pro instead when it comes out. Getting the Rift the day that everything breaks is a giant sign to me saying "Don't keep this thing, it's a waste of money"
  • WOOKIE_TEETSWOOKIE_TEETS Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Some of you have entitlement issues
  • kRAyZZedkRAyZZed Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Danjo1712 said:
    kRAyZZed said:
    I have a problem, all this time not in VR is being used browsing Amazon and eBay trying to decide which VR accessories to get for my Rift. 
    Just ordered a leap motion sensor.... Oculus fix this quick before I get in trouble with the wife for spending more money (I havent technically told her how much the Rift was yet...)

Is that Leapmotion thing really working as smooth as shown on their website?
    I'll let you know when it arrives and Oculus is back up and running. I primarily only ordered it to mess about with in Unity, as there arent a ton of apps/games that actually support it. 
  • lag0maticlag0matic Posts: 142
    Art3mis
    You just remove the facial interface (pretty simple) and take the 3d printed thing out. Takes about a minute or so each time.  I'm the only one that really uses my headset, so I've not had to remove it often, but I do every once in a while just to clean both sets of lenses with microfiber.
  • VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 481
    Trinity
    AndTrax said:
    Aliantha said:
    This is going to take as long to fix as it takes to fix.  I seriously doubt they are sitting there waiting for enough people to be pissed to work on this.  Hopefully they are working on the issue and not even reading the forums.  Vent as needed, but I have always found the Oculus team to be pretty receptive and I am confident (even if I am a Pollyanna) that they are doing just that.
    Your positivity makes this fun, no ones stealing your joy!

Thanks!  I have had enough really miserable things in life to deal with so my perspective might be warped.  Besides, this is a fun community, spending time with you all isn't the worst thing that could happen to me.
  • KaellanKaellan Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    lag0matic said:
    I bought the Rift from Amazon on Monday and it just came in today. I tried to set it up and nothing is working. Is this the cause of my problems? Should I return the unit to Amazon?
    Nothing wrong with your hardware, this is all software! Don't return anything, just hang in there!

If they can't even keep their core services operational then why should I keep it? I'll just return the Rift and get a Vive Pro instead when it comes out. Getting the Rift the day that everything breaks is a giant sign to me saying "Don't keep this thing, it's a waste of money"
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/opinionated.gif
  • aleczalecz Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    Jhullings said:
    "The Wave" app is planning a rave party with DJ tonight for 7pm PST, I hope Oculus gets it going so I can attend. If users have never tried "The Wave" app, it's fun and free at Steam.  An amazing psychedelic trip is in store for your senses and a place to gather and meet folks with music and art interests.  Hopefully, see some of you folks for tonight's rave party...
    that would suck to have all oculus down during SXSW but good for Vives :P
  • HollishHollish Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Candriu said:
    Yikes, a cert expiring of all things. Dealing with this walled garden is making me regret getting the Rift instead of a Vive or even WMR. 
    In my experience the WMR stuff is not so great. I've only used the Acer and HP HMDs, but I found them to be much less comfortable and the controllers were awkward.