cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

Anonymous
Not applicable
Messaged Oculus on Twitter let's see if they respond or block me  😛 😛 😛

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I'm bored...

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

kRAyZZed
Protege

EightBit5 said:

Messaged Oculus on Twitter let's see if they respond or block me  😛 😛 😛

I guess it depends what kinda pictures you were sending them 

Fakering
Honored Guest
they are in a timezone where they haven't had to change the time zone to play 

Darklorduk
Explorer
61.5k views and still no more news .ive already tried twitter .

Anonymous
Not applicable
isn't it all beta therefore...

francesco_2013
Protege
The "funny" thing is that Facebook has no way to fix this the code and the libs are signed with that certificate that expired. Either they release a new version or there is nothing they can do about it. The IT of Facebook ahahah let a certificate used by all their users worldwide expire LOL. I am afraid it would take more than today before having them fix this. I can imagine someone has lost his job for sure because of this. Never ever let your certificates expire. Basic system administration.  

Darklorduk
Explorer

ggrant228 said:

I tried the 'time' workaround.  Doesn't work?  Anyone else.  Sorry if this has been asked, but 15 pages...

no it dont work and dont try and reinstall as it runs on same servers so not only cant we play nore can the new ppl that just purchased install the setup.ive sent it to our new station to see if they will do a report on it as its all over the place not just one country so ppl say 

iambatman62
Explorer
I' trying to remain calm i really am but whe I just invested 1600 into a vr ready pc and a rift 3 days ago and have this happen i believe I have the right to be a little pissed off

dave_atkinson_1
Explorer

Well, the missus is taking point with the baby tonight, and I'm working my way through some Guinness and a bottle of wine.. I'll be in no fit state to set up Oculus, even if I could..

On a side note  I'm a bit concerned about the "sickness" is that a thing in VR? 

I had a bit of that when first started, your brain acclimates after a while.
Just don't go into any heavy stuff from the start and ease yourself into it.

OK, thanks . I must admit, I'm pretty excited to try the Oculus. The last time I was this excited about gaming was 1998, getting a PS1 for my birthday. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?