New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• Manhunt0rManhunt0r Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    So in future if i lost internet connection i won't be able to use Oculus rift gear-HARDWARE?
    while its obviously faulty by design, you should have no issues turning back the time on an offline machine, most issues arising from the wrong date come from online checks, this here is an exception rather than the rule.
  • CharlieTsoCharlieTso Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    ITS FIXED!!!!!!!! EVERYONE REJOYCE
  • ChrisTheMachineChrisTheMachine Posts: 107
    Hiro Protagonist
    4:44 pm here
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,324
    Wintermute
    I love how I spent a solid 4 hours not only to checking my drivers and eventually uninstalling an reinstalling the software with no luck and in total despair. I find out that it is something on oculus's end and I didn't even find out through oculus. I found out through a random tech blog I stumbled upon through google trying to find an answer. It is crazy how there was nothing posted or a notification sent out to let people know about it. I honestly wouldn't be so frustrated if I had just been told.
    it looks like you have learned, the hard way, that taking a look at the forum in such situations, might save you a fair bit of pain. that's really the main reason it's here.
  • connor19856connor19856 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    Edit, no it doesn't...
  • werelambwerelamb Posts: 29
    Brain Burst

Lies..... :s
  • SporkySporky Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Dear Faceculus, you're doing it wrong.  You should have fixed this hours ago.
    Hiro Protagonist
    ITS FIXED!!!!!!!! EVERYONE poop on me
    shut up, it's not
  • lord_lethrislord_lethris Posts: 10
    NerveGear

Outlook calendar reminder for when the cert' was going to run out would have stopped this from happening.

• servaas.dejaegherservaas.dejaegher Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Don't play with my feelings :neutral:
  • madarao627madarao627 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Sporky said:
    Dear Faceculus, you're doing it wrong.  You should have fixed this hours ago.
    Read the fourms, its clear they cant fix it hours ago. Pay attention next time. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Guys, it's working :)
  • caeroacaeroa Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I could lost a client because of all this chaos. Shame on Facebook.
    Hiro Protagonist
    jk
  • songnarsongnar Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    And now the schools are letting the students free for the evening.

Brace yourselves!
  • werelambwerelamb Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
      22:00 here, I'll have to go cry myself to sleep if I don't get my daily VR fix soon :)

Hiro Protagonist
    werelamb said:
      22:00 here, I'll have to go cry myself to sleep if I don't get my daily VR fix soon :)

xD, go sleep, you will wake up and then they are going to tweet that they have no more coffee so they are sleeping
  • anxelbaoanxelbao Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    The exasperating thing is that fire management is worse than the problem in question ...
    Just notice that in the tweet channel they have made a fixed advertising theme, but the one that really matters was lost more and more down ... This is not worth what they charge. I'm going to ViVe
  • xwhyz1959xwhyz1959 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    WTF!! You know your certificate is going to expire, so you just let it expire? Your a bunch of dumb a***s!
  • connor19856connor19856 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    Maybe the cert updater died while trying to get to work to update the cert.
  • FizzerUKFizzerUK Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Really!!!
    In this climate of record breaking DDoS attacks, certain credit checking companies allowing the details of nearly a whole country's population to be farmed off the servers. Meltdown issues, we have this.....
    The fundamental security protection allowing to be expired. That does not put confidence on how you monitor, audit your security. F.. Me! This is basic stuff.

PLEASE!  PLEASE!  Do not rush this 'Workaround' I don't want a workaround. I want that security fixing 'Properly' I don't care how long it takes.
    I had better be able to remove my payment details from Oculus Home and still be able to use it, because I sure ain't trusting you guys with it.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Guys, If you guys are going to Vive, you'll just have to restart everything on VR.
    btw, they got some bad managers, thats why they aren't fixing the problem
  • Manhunt0rManhunt0r Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    hmm, is there no applocale like software that changes the system date for a specific executable? i recon people should google that if setting the system date back is too risky for them. i wont since im not affected (due to no restart, no solution from me).
    Hiro Protagonist
    Manhunt0r said:
    hmm, is there no applocale like software that changes the system date for a specific executable? i recon people should google that if setting the system date back is too risky for them. i wont since im not affected (due to no restart, no solution from me).
    the only solution is to wait Oculus's staff to finish their coffee then start trying to fix the issue
  • TrixelenTrixelen Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    I knew I should've bought the HTC Vive. Just got my first VR Headset today, and I have to say, I'm not at all happy with my experience so far. I feel like I wasted $400 on a Device that's not even usable.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Quick update: We're still actively working on an excuse for not doing our jobs. We're looking at a few different ways to blame it on Trump, global warming or the Aliens we will share updates. We recommend you purchases more of our products that do not work until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your money.
    :smile::):):):):) so funny XD

• gusklineguskline Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Here in South Central PA we had a forecast for a Big Snow that turned out to be a fizzle but last night at dinner, my daughter asked if she could borrow the Oculus setup so my grandson in kindergarten could use it. 
    He is an absolute VR Oculus wild man playing King Faiju? (Godzilla) and the Lab. 
    Our work was called off and I got a call @ noon that my daughter couldn't log onto Oculus.
    My grandson is devastated.
    I realize it isn't the end of the world but my goodness, I have been touting Oculus to everyone I run into.
    This is embarrassing!