New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• francesco_2013francesco_2013 Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    guys chill out, its just a mistake, they are only human, after a year of enjoying this great product i can give them a bit of leeway when they make a mistake

some of you need to chill out
    Indeed. But from a professional perspective, from someone like me that works as a Unix engineer, is absolutely a mistake almost unthinkable.  Seriously ? Your own cert lads ? 

• RavenBlueFeatherRavenBlueFeather Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    4 day old rift nothing but problems since i hooked it up... think i got a lemon
  • EightBit5EightBit5 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Aliantha said:
    A bunch of bullshit
    LOL
  • kRAyZZedkRAyZZed Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    werelamb said:
    Greyman said:
    anxelbao said:
    Greyman said:
    maybe i'm imagining things, but there appears to be an awful lot of brand new forum members making over-the-top and emotional posts. 

Could it be that these have all just purchased their Rifts recently or maybe that they are shy and haven't needed to post since getting one months ago or maybe they are not rift users at all and are just participating in a negative social media marketing campaign

Maybe it's just me imagining things???
    you do not have to imagine anything.

The reality is an elephant ... although you try to convince that it is a chicken, it is going to continue being an elephant, and it looks great ... and without feathers ... and with a trunk ...
    says the person with 3 posts to his/her name.  so what games do you enjoy playing in the rift/vive or whatever you have?
    I see your point about all the new posters today Greyman, but in fairness some people read the forums without joining up or only join when they have an issue so post numbers don't necessarily reflect a persons dedication to oculus or how many hours of gameplay they've put in. Some prefer reddit or game specific discord servers for their day to day comments. A big issue like todays is obviously going to get a lot of people wanting to express their frustrations here
    I think Oculus made a mistake in creating a thread on a forum for their 'updates' - or at the very least they should have created a locked thread. Granted i'm posting in here right now, so im contradicting that. Put if it was going to be an update thread - just post and lock. Don't give butthurt people like me who cannot play their pewpew space game a chance to vent! lol
  • anonieanonie Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    anonie said:
    second day i have had my rift and this. fix it quick or i will be returning it for a vive.
    then return it for a vive, no one needs children like you. Your not important enough to have any kind of an impact to this company.
    wow fanboy much.  my money and everyone else's pays them. if that's not important ... this should never have happened and im allowed to be angry. you dont like me being angry piss off. 
  • WiLLuMPJuHWiLLuMPJuH Posts: 101
    Art3mis

• anxelbaoanxelbao Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Aliantha said:
    My sweet darlings please breathe. The downtime is annoying but it’s not the end of the world and is not a common occurrence.  Someone screwed up, that happens when human being are involved.  Every game, every device has issues and days where their users freak out and wish they had bought something else.  Try not to over-react.  This is a short term problem unworthy of long term action.  Oculus has been and will be a good company and product.  

Breathe.  Go hug someone (ideally someone you know who isn’t likely to #metoo you) and just stop watching the clock. Watch a movie, play a non-vr game, have a nice meal and step away for a few hours.  It will resolve no faster with anyone being mad or freaking out.

i say this with all kindness.  Someone screwed up.  It happens.  It will happen again with your phone or your cable or your burger will have too much or not enough mayo or it will rain or snow or something that isn’t ideal.  Be happy please and just be patient.

<3

to this I meant ... ^^

How much do they pay you? ... because they charged me 419 € at Christmas and one kidney for each game ...

Do not take it badly, I'm just kidding, because if I do what needs to be done, I'm not playing until I get the ViVe.
  • kRAyZZedkRAyZZed Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    Aliantha said:
    My sweet darlings please breathe. The downtime is annoying but it’s not the end of the world and is not a common occurrence.  Someone screwed up, that happens when human being are involved.  Every game, every device has issues and days where their users freak out and wish they had bought something else.  Try not to over-react.  This is a short term problem unworthy of long term action.  Oculus has been and will be a good company and product.  

Breathe.  Go hug someone (ideally someone you know who isn’t likely to #metoo you) and just stop watching the clock. Watch a movie, play a non-vr game, have a nice meal and step away for a few hours.  It will resolve no faster with anyone being mad or freaking out.

i say this with all kindness.  Someone screwed up.  It happens.  It will happen again with your phone or your cable or your burger will have too much or not enough mayo or it will rain or snow or something that isn’t ideal.  Be happy please and just be patient.

<3
    Welcome back, I'm afraid we are all still here :p
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    Aliantha said:

<3
    Welcome back, wise Lady ! :smile:
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• RavenBlueFeatherRavenBlueFeather Posts: 66
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2018
    anonie said:
    second day i have had my rift and this. fix it quick or i will be returning it for a vive.
    then return it for a vive, no one needs children like you. Your not important enough to have any kind of an impact to this company.
    right in line with you @Anonie % Madrao627
  • paddy1949paddy1949 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    well I hope i'm not on the operating table when the next certificate is due.
  • MahaKapalinMahaKapalin Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    12 almost... 12 hours...

• VRMageddon-1VRMageddon-1 Posts: 488
    Trinity
    EightBit5 said:
    guys chill out, its just a mistake, they are only human, after a year of enjoying this great product i can give them a bit of leeway when they make a mistake

some of you need to chill out
    It's not a "mistake" if they forgot (in the many updates) to update the certificate AND take more than six hours to solve the issue!!!!!!
    they are so incompetent ppl. frl, they can't be working activly and take 6hours to solve it!
    I respect your frustration, but making a mistake, even a big one, is not synonymous with being incompetent.  This has been a great product and company... far from incompetent.  You may be angry but words can hurt.  I’m sure this was an accident and won’t be repeated.
  • connor19856connor19856 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I just downloaded DOTA2 to try it out in VR, guess I'll be doing that tomorrow instead - hopefully!
  • 2ndLastJedi2ndLastJedi Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2018
    I panicked and rolled my calendar back to 1st of March to test it worked and now rolled forward to today's date. 
    What sort of issues will this date change make to other software? 
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,326
    Wintermute
    edited March 2018
    werelamb said:
    Greyman said:
    anxelbao said:
    Greyman said:
    maybe i'm imagining things, but there appears to be an awful lot of brand new forum members making over-the-top and emotional posts. 

Could it be that these have all just purchased their Rifts recently or maybe that they are shy and haven't needed to post since getting one months ago or maybe they are not rift users at all and are just participating in a negative social media marketing campaign

The reality is an elephant ... although you try to convince that it is a chicken, it is going to continue being an elephant, and it looks great ... and without feathers ... and with a trunk ...
    says the person with 3 posts to his/her name.  so what games do you enjoy playing in the rift/vive or whatever you have?
    I see your point about all the new posters today Greyman, but in fairness some people read the forums without joining up or only join when they have an issue so post numbers don't necessarily reflect a persons dedication to oculus or how many hours of gameplay they've put in. Some prefer reddit or game specific discord servers for their day to day comments. A big issue like todays is obviously going to get a lot of people wanting to express their frustrations here
    i did say i might be imagining it, but either way, people making abusive posts do themselves no credit at all and will certainly make absolutely no difference to the speed of the solution, if that is their objective..  
    Trinity
    EightBit5 said:
    Aliantha said:
    A bunch of bullshit
    LOL
    Hell of a paraphrase!
    NerveGear
    Great, it's fixed, finally!
  • ButterHATERButterHATER Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Great, it's fixed, finally!
    press x to doubt
  • AndTraxAndTrax Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    @Aliantha Deja Vu....It's a glitch in the matrix.
    AMD Threadripper 1900x, Liqtech TR4 360, EVGA 1080ti hybrid, Gigabyte x399 Aorus Gaming 7, 32 GB XPG z1 3000, Samsung 960 EVO, Crucial MX500, RGB all over
  • MahaKapalinMahaKapalin Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    i understand... i really do, but update people about what is being done...
    it is simple PR and can save so many comments and frustration (or not), 
    as for now? #MeToo... and you too also him as well... 
  • RetroRocketRetroRocket Posts: 17
    Brain Burst
    Relax guys, certificate issues are a pain, and its easy to accidentally let one expire. This is the first real issue I've had with Oculus in a year and a half of frequent use. It will get fixed, and we will all get back to our games soon enough. And hey, if it takes much longer to fix, maybe we will all get a free Facebook account or something as compensation :smiley:  
    Trinity

anxelbao said:
    Aliantha said:

<3

to this I meant ... ^^

How much do they pay you? ... because they charged me 419 € at Christmas and one kidney for each game ...

Do not take it badly, I'm just kidding, because if I do what needs to be done, I'm not playing until I get the ViVe.
    No offense taken.  I bought mine when it was like $900.  Was still worth it, have enjoyed the heck out of mine.

they don’t pay me, but they can! Maybe they need a calm sweet customer liaison!
  • ChrisTheMachineChrisTheMachine Posts: 107
    Hiro Protagonist
    IT'S STILL NOT FIXED D:
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    i understand... i really do, but update people about what is being done...
    it is simple PR and can save so many comments and frustration (or not), 
    as for now? #MeToo... and you too also him as well... 
    Also all the other genders. Today I'm identifying as a fish.
    Trinity

kRAyZZed said:
    Aliantha said:

<3
    Welcome back, I'm afraid we are all still here :p
    Good to be back, was hoping it would be empty by now with everyone taking out their frustrations in games!
  • anonieanonie Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Relax guys, certificate issues are a pain, and its easy to accidentally let one expire. This is the first real issue I've had with Oculus in a year and a half of frequent use. It will get fixed, and we will all get back to our games soon enough. And hey, if it takes much longer to fix, maybe we will all get a free Facebook account or something as compensation :smiley:  
    lol true . still annoying thing to wake up to .
  • ButterHATERButterHATER Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Aliantha said:

anxelbao said:
    Aliantha said:

<3

to this I meant ... ^^

No offense taken.  I bought mine when it was like $900.  Was still worth it, have enjoyed the heck out of mine.

they don’t pay me, but they can! Maybe they need a calm sweet customer liaison!
    holy crap 900! thats one heck of an investment
  • JeanClaudeHDJeanClaudeHD Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    werelamb said:
    Greyman said:
    anxelbao said:
    Greyman said:

Bought oculus three weeks ago, usualy prefer playing elite dangerous with it than visiting the forum. Good device, but for 400$ this kind of issue should not occur