cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't reach Oculus Runtime Service

cugel1
Honored Guest
what is happening ?. Runtime unreachable, tried everything found online to solve the issue....but nothing

10 REPLIES 10

sipalspaVR
Honored Guest
Hi to all,
i got the same error on windows 10. I already tried the following:
  • restart computer
  • stop/start oculus VR runtime service from services
  • repair oculus software by downloading software from oculus web site
  • disable antivirus
  • pray
but, i continue to get the same error.
Any suggestion?

Regards

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable
i was so ready to play VR and just bought Oculus... and i got this runtime services?? is this all online? no private? hosting shit? like can't i even just load a game manually to the rift? it is like a 2rd screen rigth? 

Malicore
Protege
Darn!  I was really hoping to use it today, but it sounds like everyone is having this issue.  I haven't turned on my Rift today, and I'll be holding off until I hear it's been fixed. 

PapaCraig
Explorer
This is typical of Oculus.... They take your money and shove disappointment up your ass.  I've gone through two headsets.  First time audio failed and getting black outs...  They replaced but only gave a 90 day guarantee on the replacement.  Guess what... shortly after the 90 days audio failed again, also blackouts.  Replaced the HDMI cable at my own expense because the sent my new headset with a crinkled cable.  I view their quality control as lower than whale shit...you can't get any lower than the bottom of the ocean.  I have regretted my purchase for a long time now, which is really shame because I am a 64 yo retiree and thought I found a great past time (never gamed before now) but, because of the constant nightmare of dealing with the joke they call "support" it is starting to turn me off on VR.    Do this, do that, send logs, send pictures, bend over some more so we can shove it in deeper.  I feel like I've been economically raped!!!!     They got my money...they don't care what happens afterwards   Great Job Oculus!!!!  You've pissed off a lot more people now!  I knew this would happen.                       

Fredrum
Expert Protege

I'm getting this too here in Vancouver.
Can't do any work...

dilbert01-BE
Explorer
try to move your internal clock 4 day before today and ; the client work !
hope that oculus solve this problem . 

AlanOToole
Adventurer
This is a known issue that we are hoping is being fixed.

Please try to search the forums before posting, to help cut down on duplicate posts.

Here is some more information regarding the issue:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62703/cant-reach-oculus-runtime-services#latest

Seems like we need to hang tight until Oculus can comment on what is going on.
Thanks!

AlanOToole
Adventurer
This is a known issue that we are hoping is being fixed.

Please try to search the forums before posting, to help cut down on duplicate posts.

Here is some more information regarding the issue:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62703/cant-reach-oculus-runtime-services#latest

Seems like we need to hang tight until Oculus can comment on what is going on.
Thanks!