New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• EightBit5EightBit5 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
  • gusklineguskline Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    tomotor said:
    This is like 3 mile island. I feel bad for the hapless techs scurrying around to fix this with the entire company and customer base waiting. I don't think its a good sign that its taking so long, so an update message would be helpful telling us the scale of time this might take to fix. Will it take hours, days, weeks? 
    And BTW as a tech professional I would recommend against changing the time on your system. Doing such a thing could make your installation of windows or other software on your computer unstable. Even though people don't seem to be reporting problems from doing that, they could crop up later on.

tomotor: I live within 30 miles of Three Mile Island and THAT was a serious event. Lives were in danger. 
    If this takes a day or two will anyone's life be in danger?
    BTW, I agree with not changing the computer time.
  • The_mighty_spoonThe_mighty_spoon Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Aliantha said:
    Aliantha said:
    Omg I bought Oculus Rift yesterday. You must be kidding me? INSTANT RETURN, what a joke.
    Don’t return it, this is not a big deal.  The system is great,  You are just experiencing really bad timing.
    It is perfect timing to endure the sheer masochism that is involved in using and updating your Rift. Andreas should be more instantly susceptable to that instead. ;)

It' s indeed (still) a great system. 
    Everyone should just pretend to be female for the day (oh wait, you’re all gamers... too late!) I have so much stuff to do while i wait... laundry, mopping, fun stuff!
    Did you just... Marvelous
  • WiLLuMPJuHWiLLuMPJuH Posts: 101
    Art3mis
    Aliantha said:
    Aliantha said:
    Omg I bought Oculus Rift yesterday. You must be kidding me? INSTANT RETURN, what a joke.
    Don’t return it, this is not a big deal.  The system is great,  You are just experiencing really bad timing.
    It is perfect timing to endure the sheer masochism that is involved in using and updating your Rift. Andreas should be more instantly susceptable to that instead. ;)

Everyone should just pretend to be female for the day (oh wait, you’re all gamers... too late!) I have so much stuff to do while i wait... laundry, mopping, fun stuff!
    Apparantly we are different masochists altogether .. ;)

/me walks off to stand in line @ some non-disclosed coffeeshop unnear you. 
  • The_mighty_spoonThe_mighty_spoon Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Aliantha said:
    Aliantha said:

Did you just... Marvelous
  • WiLLuMPJuHWiLLuMPJuH Posts: 101
    Art3mis
    Aliantha said:
    Aliantha said:

Apparantly we are different masochists altogether .. ;)

/me walks off to stand in line @ some non-disclosed coffeeshop unnear you. 
  • JD-UKJD-UK Posts: 2,294 Valuable Player
    Satorius said:
    I fix mine Oculus Rift.  Just need to back up the date/time on your computer.  As per example I change mine to March 1st 2018.  Restart the computer and it should work again :-)  Satorius

say RIP to anything you installed after the date you set your computer back to
    Claptrap. This is obviously now the bullshit thread... :D

• MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Maybe all you guys that are spamming "We want VR" should go pass the time in VR Chat together. I'm not saying that you don't have the right to complain, but spamming really isn't helping anybody get back in VR any quicker, all it's doing is detracting a fairly nice thread. 
  • smithy_sfcsmithy_sfc Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2018
    I wish the people complaining about other people complaining would stop, we just want to use the hardware we paid a lot of money for.
    i7-5820x | gtx980ti | corsair h80i v2 | ddr4 16gb | SSD x2 | win10x64
  • ChrisTheMachineChrisTheMachine Posts: 107
    Hiro Protagonist
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VRWE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
    WE WANT TO PLAY VR
  • DandyTimeDaveDandyTimeDave Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    How would everyone rate Job Simulator? First game I'm thinking about purchasing once this goes back up
  • Jackdaw01Jackdaw01 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Just another forum comment that isn't contributing anything whatsoever :D
    Hiro Protagonist
    How would everyone rate Job Simulator? First game I'm thinking about purchasing once this goes back up
    good game
  • jhall2519jhall2519 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just happen to know of a company that fired an entire tech team for letting a production certificate expire, which caused a delay in processing payments - "No excuse for something this stupid!" was the official reasoning.  Just sayin'.
  • duerrsduerrs Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    well, at least i have a foot and a half of snow to get off the driveway....hopefully this will be fixed by then.
  • smithy_sfcsmithy_sfc Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    hey MrKaru, your another forum fanboy that insists on responding unhelpfully to people posts... Poster of the week, brown noser of the week moreover.
    i7-5820x | gtx980ti | corsair h80i v2 | ddr4 16gb | SSD x2 | win10x64
  • rickypro1966rickypro1966 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Well this thread caused me to just go and buy Elite Dangerous.  Now hopefully Oculus is not down forever. :)
  • DuskbumpDuskbump Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    wow.... this never happens to my Vive!  Hope its a quick fix... I can only imagine how much $$ they are loosing in the Oculus store.  SMH 
  • duerrsduerrs Posts: 20
    NerveGear
    Well this thread caused me to just go and buy Elite Dangerous.  Now hopefully Oculus is not down forever. :)
    Elite Dangerous and Iracing are the only reason I bought a rift in the first place.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Duskbump said:
    wow.... this never happens to my Vive!  Hope its a quick fix... I can only imagine how much $$ they are loosing in the Oculus store.  SMH 
    yup
  • rickypro1966rickypro1966 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    duerrs said:
    Elite Dangerous and Iracing are the only reason I bought a rift in the first place.
    iRacing is the only other thing I have played on mine so same for me now. 
  • BrunktonBrunkton Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Welp, that sucks. I would think it'd be a pretty quick fix... Since they know exactly what went wrong. Fallout all over again
    Hiro Protagonist
    I'm so maaaaad.... I can't play VR
  • Lt.LoonyLt.Loony Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    If you do not mind a learning curve you are in for a VR treat!
    Have it for several years, but with VR I started playing more. Very immersive!
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Might be a good idea to play in normal 2D for a bit any way. I have hundreds of hours in that game and only just started playing in VR recently. I feel like learning to fly and control my ship would have been a lot harder in VR. 

Also the menus aren't great depending on what control scheme you're using. I still struggle with the Galaxy map in VR unfortunately. 
  • madarao627madarao627 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Brunkton said:
    Welp, that sucks. I would think it'd be a pretty quick fix... Since they know exactly what went wrong. Fallout all over again
    Read a few pages ago, they have to update a LOT of things to get the new certificate association applied to the program. They cant do it in just a few hours.
  • Newbe.jimNewbe.jim Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Oculus sold us a system that they can not support. Does the words "class action" come to mind for anyone? How about a rebate of 10% per day the system is down? After 10 days, full refund and all other expenses associated with this issue like time and trouble. Time is money.  
  • nrm21122nrm21122 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Duskbump said:

That is the messed up part. Steam, Origin and Uplay all allow local play if you do not have internet. Of course some steam software needs internet and I can understand that but for the service itself not to work is going to far
    What would prevent them from ending Oculus support and thus making the rifts and games we all bought useless?
  • SporkySporky Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Obviously there's no quick fix.  They should explain why that is.