cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vrcinema3D

swlu
Explorer
Hey all,

I just found this awesome new virtual movie theater demo. I'm not the developer, but he's already made the demo available on his site, though its all in Korean! I don't speak/read Korean, so I used Google translate to read the docs. Here's links to his site and demo:

Site:
http://uxground.com/

Demo:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6-3MLD_Wbqea1lNWTVDQ3dybUE/edit

From what I gather, the only way to play a file is if it's an .avi file called 'movie' placed in the same folder as the app. Obviously this is rather limiting, but hopefully he's working on a fix. Right-click brings up a menu where u can pick any seat in the theater, as well as choose to play 2D or 3D (SBS) content! Works really well, and the theater looks great. He's even got the light coming from the projector if u turn around. 360 controller moves u around, but doesn't seem to bring up the menu or ability to sit down.

Looks like he's also working on a (free!) horror game called "Nine Stones". Haven't seen either of these mentioned in these threads so I thought I'd share my findings. Enjoy!
329 REPLIES 329

TheGiantRobot
Honored Guest
Just got it working, and holy hell its amazing. Nice job on the theater, it really is a work of art in there.

The first movie I tried (and am still watching) is the newest Star Trek. I kept getting a white screen at first which confused me since I was able to view the file in VLC just fine without the rift.

Turns out I had to download k-lite codec package to get it to work. Its working beautifully now, but be warned: they DO bundle some crappy ad-ware with it, make sure to watch what you are clicking so you don't end up with "AVG bar" and other garbage. If it wasn't for the other-wise easy install and immidiate satisfaction, I'd probably not even mention it as I hate programs that bundle ad-ware/toolbars/etc.

EDIT: I had to do some installing and reinstalling of software in order to move hard drives, and "broke" the codec again in the process. K-lite wouldn't fix the "white screen" problem, but CCCP did.

jenza
Honored Guest
i would totally love a mac version of this, any plans?

tikilittle
Honored Guest
here here. I would love to see a mac version!

OculusOptician
Explorer
Tried it again with the latest Codec K-lite Basic pack on VRCinema3D v.03 and it's now working. It didn't work before with the Full K-lite pack on version v0.2 a month or so ago so not sure why it's working now but I'm not complaining.

I simply selected all the default settings and made sure to deny the AVG install choices.

For better picture quality, run it in 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 if you cannot figure out how to get 1200 resolution working. Also as previously mentioned if you sit further toward the screen it makes a big difference in picture quality as well.

Juliguita
Honored Guest
Hi. I noticed that in this video there is far more light reflections in the theater that in my version.

I find this way more realistic. Is it a different version?

Fault
Honored Guest
You should really make a way to load any window into this application, almost treating it like a second monitor. Mainly my idea is it would be great to have XBMC be accessible in this program, or even possibly games

Soulquake
Honored Guest
Hey guys and gals I just wanted to quickpost this problem I found. So I had about 11 .mp4 from Ipad usage from my own dvd collection, and after trying 4 or 5 of the files (rename to movie.avi) none of them worked.. SO I copied one movie.avi I had just renamed to users/(myname) and checked prompt and sure enough it was movie.avi.mp4 lol SO renamed it there using the oldschool rename movie.avi.mp4 movie.avi and it loaded in vrcinema immediately.

Is there a way in windows to rename properly? Not sure what I did wrong lol.

Tip
Honored Guest
If you're on windows then you need to go to your control panel, go to folder options, then to the view tab, and uncheck "hide extensions for known file types". After you do that you'll see the extensions on all your files and you'll be able to edit the extension when you're renaming files.

Soulquake
Honored Guest
THAT'S IT lol I forgot about the hidden. Thanks, that should help a some folks with the same problem, I should note that I also installed k-lite codec pack, but my mp4 of a new hope loaded up right away, no converting or anything needed.

Soulquake
Honored Guest
Hey Rick101, I'm not sure exactly for xp, but make sure it's renaming the file correctly. When I renamed at first it would rename movie.avi and leave the .ext of whatever the movie is originally. So mine would think movie.avi was the name and I would end up with movie.avi.mp4 . Try turning on or unhiding file types/extentions to make sure it's renaming correctly.