cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

Doculus_Prime
Explorer

I have to see the real world now... please help me... It's disgusting

So it is true! We CAN not fly killing drones and my feet really are stuck on the ground 😞 This has been a devastating day!

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would seem like they could just remove the certificates until they found a permanent solution. 

DelmarKane
Expert Protege
I don't think the forums have been this busy since the Oculus shipping fiasco. I wonder if CyberReality is lurking here and laughing.

fenflame
Explorer

Question for anyone in the know, I bought Lone Echo and I used that temp fix by changing the time.  I can install previous games right now with no problem but Lone Echo wont install, they took my payment for it but it wont install.  Is it cause of this error?

Why people have been saying not to mess with your system date/time.............

I did the same. they will prolly need the money on the support tho.

If you try that and use something like Prepar3D, it will tell you the date has been changed and then it will ask you to put in your codes again to register and then after registering it again it will still come back and say the date is incorrect and not run. There are also some OS related potential issues too.
On another note, I am amazed by the sheer number of people who bought their rifts today or its their birthday......if you did or it is, that's a bit of an ironic  let down. I'm amazed how different people react or overreact to things like this .  I looked on here and thought ok at least my rift itself hasn't shit the bed. This is way better. It will get fixed and in the meantime I'll do something else. Its in their best interests for them to fix this ASAP and I am sure they are hard at it right now, so all the whining, lack of patience, self-aggrandizing threatening or demanding compensation is actually not going to change how long it takes. 

Ares_The_Madman
Protege

It would seem like they could just remove the certificates until they found a permanent solution. 

Then it puts your device and computer at risk. The reason they have the certificates is to improve security. Otherwise, you could be at risk of getting software that isn't from the company.

iambatman62
Explorer

fenflame said:

Question for anyone in the know, I bought Lone Echo and I used that temp fix by changing the time.  I can install previous games right now with no problem but Lone Echo wont install, they took my payment for it but it wont install.  Is it cause of this error?

If you try that and use something like Prepar3D, it will tell you the date has been changed and then it will ask you to put in your codes again to register and then after registering it again it will still come back and say the date is incorrect and not run. There are also some OS related potential issues too.
On another note, I am amazed by the sheer number of people who bought their rifts today or its their birthday......if you did or it is, that's a bit of an ironic  let down. I'm amazed how different people react or overreact to things like this .  I looked on here and thought ok at least my rift itself hasn't shit the bed. This is way better. It will get fixed and in the meantime I'll do something else. Its in their best interests for them to fix this ASAP and I am sure they are hard at it right now, so all the whining, lack of patience, self-aggrandizing threatening or demanding compensation is actually not going to change how long it takes. 

fenflame said:

Tax refund season everyones blowing there refund money on rift 

martinmartyzzz
Honored Guest
To the person earlier who was posting about making prescription lens inserts for the Oculus out of cardboard, check out this place: https://vr-lens-lab.com/
I bought their Vive lenses about a year ago and they are excellent quality and work great.

lucentDeath
Explorer

Then it puts your device and computer at risk. The reason they have the certificates is to improve security. Otherwise, you could be at risk of getting software that isn't from the company.

At this point if it works i think we would be ok with that lol

delmonti007
Explorer

Aliantha said:

Relax people, they will get it fixed.  Take a walk, take a shower.  This is an inconvenience but on the scale of sh*t that goes wrong in this messed up world, this is pretty low on the chart.  

Some people laugh, and the others need an explanation.

Deathtouch43
Explorer
Meanwhile 8+ hours later at Oculus..
ae4gwe27yr2j.jpg
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?