cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

Aymito2
Expert Protege
 I choose repair ... so the patch fix the problem or I have to download all the 5 gig setup again  ?

StormyDoesVR
Heroic Explorer
Thanks for corraling the masses tonight @Aliantha ! You were a big help! ^^
------------------------------
PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.

xFINxToni
Honored Guest
Patch cannot be installed. Something wrong with the installer file and required permissions to install.

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

brettos said:

Now waiting for all the "oculus you are the best, thank you so much" comments!

18 months of wonderful service, 1 day of an issue... yeah they are the best.  I'll take that track record for the next 18 months if I can get it.

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

Aymito said:

I choose repair ... so the patch fix the problem or I have to download all the 5 gig setup again  ?

If you grabbed the installer for the patch from https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/, it should only be about 55mb.

StormyDoesVR
Heroic Explorer
That just sounds like you don't have admin rights on your pc.
------------------------------
PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.

Ares_The_Madman
Protege

xFINxToni said:

Patch cannot be installed. Something wrong with the installer file and required permissions to install.

Run the file as an administrator. 

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Aymito said:

patch fixes it then when it loads there will be an Oculus update.  Simple procedure.

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer

xFINxToni said:

If you have Windows 10, click the more details button, then choose to Run Anyway.

Etsija
Explorer
Yep, confirmed. It is indeed working. And the engineers did find a way of delivering it without the need to reinstall the whole software. Way to go guys.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?