New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• jef32jef32 Posts: 58
    Brain Burst
    Patch applied, all works fine for me. I don't say "thanks" because all of this would never happened. The "thanks", I have already said by spending money, by buying the Oculus in november 2016.
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    Just a 55Mb patch. I had to try twice. First repair did nothing, same problem. I tried again and it works now
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 183
    Art3mis
    Aymito said:
    Aymito said:
     I choose repair ... so the patch fix the problem or I have to download all the 5 gig setup again  ?
    If you grabbed the installer for the patch from https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/, it should only be about 55mb.
    for me it's saying the repair oculus  ...will reinstall all your oculus software again....is this the case with this patch with you all ??
    It gives the option to "Repair" or "Close" choose "Repair", it's not like a regular Repair through the Oculus Setup, it won't reinstall all the Oculus software again.
  • VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 481
    Trinity
    Aymito said:
    Aymito said:
     I choose repair ... so the patch fix the problem or I have to download all the 5 gig setup again  ?
    If you grabbed the installer for the patch from https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/, it should only be about 55mb.
    for me it's saying the repair oculus  ...will reinstall all your oculus software again....is this the case with this patch with you all ??

No, mine didn't.  Did you do the thing where you reset your clock back?  Or did you reinstall today?  Mine just did the patch then when Oculus restarted it downloaded a new version but that was quick.
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 104
    Art3mis
    As long as you're fine, whatever bro. >w0
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    Aliantha said:

It's ok, tomorrow I will just have to do a double session of the boxing trainer, missed my workout today.  Sleep is a good thing :-) Enjoy your VR!
    Thanks Aliantha :) See you ;)

Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• ShadowBladesShadowBlades Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    This should be an easy fix it is definitely a oculus app framework.dll error issue if this is a security cert issue as they say it is it should  be as easy as pushing the date of the cert or creating a new cert. getting it out to customers would be as easy as reinstalling  the oculus software. Oculus hire me as a software engineering manager and i will ensure issues like this dont cost you millions in sales.
    Trinity
    jef32 said:
    Patch applied, all works fine for me. I don't say "thanks" because all of this would never happened. The "thanks", I have already said by spending money, by buying the Oculus in november 2016.

Oh yeah? well thanks for being part of the community :-)
    Trinity
    Aliantha said:

It's ok, tomorrow I will just have to do a double session of the boxing trainer, missed my workout today.  Sleep is a good thing :-) Enjoy your VR!
    Thanks Aliantha :) See you ;)

<3 Thanks to you and everyone for being so entertaining today!
  • HamperinoHamperino Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    This shouldn't have taken all day to fix and it still isn't fixed. Oculus you're really dropping the ball...
  • Mimand3rMimand3r Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    What a well engineered bugfix. Very well done guys. We all know humanity is full of stupid people. Don't let the trolls get to your skin.Must have been a hard night for you guys. Now get some sleep. Thx alot Oculus Team
    Trinity
    Hamperino said:
    This shouldn't have taken all day to fix and it still isn't fixed. Oculus you're really dropping the ball...

It is too fixed

https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/
    Art3mis
    @hamperino and @ShadowBlades
     yes it is fixed. Go download the patch already.
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • Danjo1712Danjo1712 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    So see you next time on the 11th of March 2020. 
    At this time the Cert will expire once again...
    Trinity
    edited March 2018
    Danjo1712 said:

It's a date! I'll bring the cheese, you bring the whine!  

kidding of course
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 464
    Trinity
    CmonBruh said:

Patch is out! Back in the game boys!
    IT WORKS! Thank you! It's only downloading 55 Mo so it's quick; then the software launches another quick update (around 5 min if you have a very slow connexion), and then we're ready to go!

Now I hope Oculus learned their lesson. Although it was a minor sitback (which can happen to anyone), it did effect their reputation. Of course, people overreacted, but that's to be expected (customers, by definition, are ungrateful overreacting beasts xD). Hopefully we won't have to live through something like this again...
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
    Art3mis
    See ya then @Danjo1712 !
  • atvcomatvcom Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Oh dear, somebody didn't pay their electricity bill. Ask Mark Z. if he could spot you a bit 'o' dat' cash... lol
  • HamperinoHamperino Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Rave185 said:
    They didn't update the post... how do I download the patch?
    Art3mis
    Its been posted in this forum thread like 20 times. Just go back a few pages. ^^
    Trinity
    atvcom said:
    Oh dear, somebody didn't pay their electricity bill. Ask Mark Z. if he could spot you a bit 'o' dat' cash... lol

Late to the party!
    Trinity
    Hamperino said:
    Rave185 said:
    They didn't update the post... how do I download the patch?
    Art3mis
    Aliantha said:
    atvcom said:

Late to the party!
    Well better late then never, right?
    Trinity
    Rave185 said:
    Aliantha said:
    atvcom said:

Late to the party!
    Well better late then never, right?

Unless all the snacks are gone, then it's just sad
    Art3mis
    tuche~
    Art3mis
    edited March 2018
    (nom's on saltine crackers)
  • technotheriontechnotherion Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I walk away to take care of the real world and come back... and y'all already have a patch! Well, good night and happy VR-ing :)
    Art3mis
    Night @technotherion !
  • Danjo1712Danjo1712 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Aliantha said:
    Danjo1712 said:

It's a date! I'll bring the cheese, you bring the whine!  

kidding of course
    All my hopes are gone, since you edited your post.... you´re so evil....all women are evil...wait... got a flashback of last night? hmm... argh... ok see ya
    Trinity
    I walk away to take care of the real world and come back... and y'all already have a patch! Well, good night and happy VR-ing :)

back atcha <3