Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status - Page 59 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 477
    Trinity
    Rave185 said:
    (nom's on saltine crackers)

*passes you the dip*
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    Why thank you! (dips cracker) Would you like one?
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    You know what ? I've become addicted to the Forum and I can't leave it now ! Lol
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

• HamperinoHamperino Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Aliantha said:
    Rave185 said:

*passes you the dip*
    Wait, dip on saltine crackers?!?! lmaoooo
    Hiro Protagonist
    I mean, what's the harm in trying it, right? It's not like the dip could hurt you.
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
    Trinity
    Danjo1712 said:
    Aliantha said:
    Danjo1712 said:
    So see you next time on the 11th of March 2020. 
    At this time the Cert will expire once again...

It's a date! I'll bring the cheese, you bring the whine!  

kidding of course
    All my hopes are gone, since you edited your post.... you´re so evil....all women are evil...wait... got a flashback of last night? hmm... argh... ok see ya

The date is still on, just kidding about the whine.  But yeah we are all evil!
  • cefizeljcefizelj Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    This is more serious than you think. This means they can let it expire whenever they feel like it, for example, when a new headset comes out. Or when the company goes bust. This is anti-consumer and I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the EU at least, proably in the US  as well.
    Trinity
    Hamperino said:
    Aliantha said:
    Rave185 said:

*passes you the dip*
    Wait, dip on saltine crackers?!?! lmaoooo

better than plain crackers!  It's a cheese dip
    Trinity
    Rave185 said:
    Why thank you! (dips cracker) Would you like one?

I overdid it on the shrimp but thank you!
  • florinbogdanflorinbogdan Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I will downgrade on all social&media oculus to not buy its crap , why i need internet .now whit internet i cannot use vr glass
  • steveco99steveco99 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    @ShowbizDonkey ;-  Check the 'tagged'  line at the bottom of your original post - somebody has been doing some creative editing you might want to amend.
  • yell0yell0 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    so what's the big update anyway? 

• JaxxehJaxxeh Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Well it was nice meeting you all. Had quite a few chuckles with some of those posts yesterday.  :*
  • Bodb_DergBodb_Derg Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Thank you Oculus Support. Your time is appreciated <3
    Hiro Protagonist
    Welcome as always, Ali. Crackers without cheese is like a world without VR, not somewhere I'd like to live.
    Trinity
    cefizelj said:
    This is more serious than you think. This means they can let it expire whenever they feel like it, for example, when a new headset comes out. Or when the company goes bust. This is anti-consumer and I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the EU at least, proably in the US  as well.

Now that it's fixed we're going to get into conspiracy theory?  Well hell they could be planting subliminal messages into the VR software... oh damn... that does explain the French fry cravings...
  • MaxwellRodgersMaxwellRodgers Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    this is what happens when you are on the bleeding edge of technology, people forget that this tech is still in its infancy.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Aliantha said:
    cefizelj said:

Now that it's fixed we're going to get into conspiracy theory?  Well hell they could be planting subliminal messages into the VR software... oh damn... that does explain the French fry cravings...
    or the saltines.... Owo
    Trinity
    Jaxxeh said:
    Well it was nice meeting you all. Had quite a few chuckles with some of those posts yesterday.  :*

You too... VR safely!
  • djdamo.sylvdjdamo.sylv Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    where r free game lol
  • BlackPixel_BlackPixel_ Posts: 57
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks Oculus Support. I'm sure you guys will never make any mistakes such as this ever again. I'm still a happy customer.
    Goodnight everyone 
    MSI X99 GODLIKE Board / Intel Core i7-6900K / 32GB Extreme DDR4 2400MHz Memory / GTX 1080 Founders / 

Trinity
    Thanks Oculus Support. I'm sure you guys will never make any mistakes such as this ever again. I'm still a happy customer.
    Goodnight everyone 

Night night!
    Hiro Protagonist
    Alrighty, well it's back to 3D modellin for me! Night everyone, and talk to ya all again soon! (but hopefully not too soon) xD
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 181
    Art3mis
    cefizelj said:
    This can happen on any piece of modern technology, not just the Rift.

I'm also certain they've made sure that they practice well within the legal bounds of where they are required to be.
    Trinity
    Rave185 said:
    Alrighty, well it's back to 3D modellin for me! Night everyone, and talk to ya all again soon! (but hopefully not too soon) xD

Take care darlin', feel free to take that dip with you.
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 462
    Trinity
    Ok, so, the patch does work, but it screwed up the performance. I rebooted my computer, checked all the parameters, and what usually gives me a solid 90 FPS is now stuck to 40-50 FPS. Does anyone else have performance issues, or is it just me?
    Current VR results imo:
    - Great small apps. Great ports of bigger games.
    - Great VR-specific features. Not enough showcased!!!
    - Too many actors in the industry, the market is totally broken.

My hopes for VR next gen:

- Better ratio between visual quality and power needs. No more godrays and less SDE.
    - Full Body Tracking.

"If you don't mind, do you want me to take you there? Where dreams come true."
    Trinity
    Ok, so, the patch does work, but it screwed up the performance. I rebooted my computer, checked all the parameters, and what usually gives me a solid 90 FPS is now stuck to 40-50 FPS. Does anyone else have performance issues, or is it just me?

That might not be the patch but there was also an Oculus update that occurred, could be in there. Haven't played yet to know.
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2018
    I didnt install anything and the date is back automatic again ..this what I got ...so I continue with repair or what.. . ?
    Trinity
    Aymito said:
    this what I got ...so I continue with repair or what.. . ?

yes repair, it's quick, then an update then you're golden