cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

MWRutherford
Explorer
Just wanted to post a "Thank you" for sorting this issue out so promptly.

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege

Well Oculus, wil your gesture only extend to CV1 users? Don't forget it was the DK1 and 2 users that put you where you are today. I am sure there are many DK1 or 2 users that were using their devices after February 1st whose HMDs were also bricked by your lack of diligence. Can they expect an email today with $15.00 store credit as well? 

They gave the Kickstarters FREE CV1's... Also YOU didn't PUT anyone anywhere. That's ridiculously condescending. It take several years of education focus and drive to learn to code, then to learn how to invent something as radical as Virtual Reality, then getting the balls and money to create prototypes and then to find investors.... So PLEASE save your hierarchical tyrannical rant. You aren't in a position of power here; so learn to understand your weaknesses and ask privately and nicely when you need a handout.    
1 CPU: Alienware M17 R4: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 16GB GDDR6, 10th Generation Intel Core(TM) i9-10980HK (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.3GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
2nd CPU: Alienware Aurora R12: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X, 11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

AussieStig
Expert Protege

Well Oculus, wil your gesture only extend to CV1 users? Don't forget it was the DK1 and 2 users that put you where you are today. I am sure there are many DK1 or 2 users that were using their devices after February 1st whose HMDs were also bricked by your lack of diligence. Can they expect an email today with $15.00 store credit as well? 

They gave the Kickstarters FREE CV1's... Also YOU didn't PUT anyone anywhere. That's ridiculously condescending. It take several years of education focus and drive to learn to code, then to learn how to invent something as radical as Virtual Reality, then getting the balls and money to create prototypes and then to find investors.... So PLEASE save your hierarchical tyrannical rant. You aren't in a position of power here; so learn to understand your weaknesses and ask privately and nicely when you need a handout.    

WOW great rant there Three10Thirty, well done, mate 😛

Tynerius
Honored Guest
yeah thats it Im returning my Oculus rift

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege
Thanks bro! I really channeled my inner child in that one!
1 CPU: Alienware M17 R4: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 16GB GDDR6, 10th Generation Intel Core(TM) i9-10980HK (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.3GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
2nd CPU: Alienware Aurora R12: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X, 11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

LZoltowski
Champion
Guys, it's been a whirlwind of a day yesterday and everyone was on edge, can we please be civil? If you want to slug it out meet up in real life or in the DM's 🙂 Thanks

Yours faithfully:

x77ywyzpsf9d.jpg

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

WiLLuMPJuH
Adventurer

Since he has been an early investor by means of Kickstart AND he did ask nicely ( eventhough you disagree), your rant is defenitely moot.

Why would you care if Oculus would compensate him or any other DK-user like they have done with CV1 users ? It' s not coming from your own pocket now, is it ? 

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Tynerius said:

yeah thats it Im returning my Oculus rift

That's a shame, you should keep it, it's a great piece of equipment.

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Since he has been an early investor by means of Kickstart AND he did ask nicely ( eventhough you disagree), your rant is defenitely moot.

Why would you care if Oculus would compensate him or any other DK-user like they have done with CV1 users ? It' s not coming from your own pocket now, is it ? 

Aussie is a great guy and hopefully he and everyone else will be compensated.  Asking on page 70 of a forum post is a bad place to be heard.  Everyone needs to contact support directly to ensure being heard.

I would just caution everyone not to over-react and feel slighted so quickly.

Yesterday people were up in arms that Oculus was going out of business and a patch wasn't coming - patch done
Yesterday people were upset that Oculus wouldn't take responsibility and apologize - they did
Yesterday people were demanding compensation even before the issue was fixed - compensation was given

Just make yourself heard.  Oculus has always dealt with me in a first rate manner and pretty sure they will everyone too if people just chill and not expect the worst.

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege
 Sentence TIPS:
1) THIS MEANS I'M YELLING AND ANGRY!!!! 
2) This means I'm being civil and level headed while stating facts. 
3) "your rant is defenitely moot" 
Misspelling several words and lacking comprehension means I probably shouldn't be trying to argue with adults.  

I'll take the mods advice and go play my VR peacefully. Enjoy your day everyone 🙂 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?