cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmaster
Explorer
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 wm20iu2ro2r4.jpgmin or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?
382 REPLIES 382

motenaicomics
Honored Guest
Ran the Oculus patch, but I'm still not able to get the Oculus software working or my headset working.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times, but haven't had any luck at all.  Has anyone encountered this?  Thanks in advance!

111wa6y8hlfd.jpgzwgh21f03svv.jpg

LZoltowski
Champion

Ran the Oculus patch, but I'm still not able to get the Oculus software working or my headset working.  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing multiple times, but haven't had any luck at all.  Has anyone encountered this?  Thanks in advance!

Can you perform a log gather?

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

motenaicomics
Honored Guest

Can you perform a log gather?

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Attached is the OculusSetup.log and the zip file from the OculusLogGatherer.  Thx!

Coryinthehouse4
Honored Guest
same here can't play gorn 😞

VR2018GAME
Honored Guest
I had the same issue any fix?

LZoltowski
Champion
You probably have something running that is interfering with the setup

Please ensure you are running the leanest version of windows possible
Close down all non-essential applications you have such as:

Any GPU tweaking utils such as MSI afterburner
Any motherboard utilities such as AI suite
Any encryption utilities 
Any SSD Utilities like Samsun Magic
Antivirus, Antimalware
Java updater if you have one
Any CPU Utilities
Any RGB peripheral utilities

Basically running as clean a windows session as possible.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Mithrandir
Honored Guest
This proves my theory; VR is not taking off. The number$ just aren't there. I predict now it's OVER.

Mithrandir
Honored Guest

This proves my theory; VR is not taking off. The number$ just aren't there. I predict now it's OVER.

No one has even posted here in 2 days. Wow!

Mithrandir
Honored Guest
Fake Product!

YoLolo69
Trustee
This outage bring us some new humorist blood around here, that's good 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1