cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! OCULUS SETUP NOT WORKING!

mjb7910
Honored Guest
I know there has been this big dispute on the inaccessibility to the Oculus Rift software which, supposedly have been resolved..but I'm not sure where my problem lies. I actually deleted my Oculus Software before I got an email about the patch. I re-downloaded the setup and have been trying to re-install the software, but I continuously get this error message telling me to restart my computer because there has been an error during installation. I've done so, and re-re-downloaded the setup after deleting the cache, everything from my C drive, but still same error. Is anyone else experiencing this?? I don't know what to do and turning my signal for help on this forum because even the error message told me to contact the support if the issue continues...please, PLEASE somebody help me! 
6 REPLIES 6

LZoltowski
Champion
Have a look at this thread for some possible solutions https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62803/solved-issues-with-reinstall-of-oculus-software#latest
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Digikid1
Consultant
Uninstall oculus software completely 

download and run the free trial of Ccleaner. Both cleanup AND REGISTRY a few times until it finally says no issues are found 

reboot computer

reinstall the oculus software. 

blanes
Rising Star
Don't forget to transfer your Oculus\Software directory to another Temp directory during your full un-install and cleanup as detailed above.  Then when you are ready to instal via OculusSetup,  move your Oculus\Software directory back to a directory you can create on the drive you want your games / apps to be installed to eg: E:\Oculus\   This has to be done prior to your re-install so that the installer can recognise your games directory and make the necessary installation data.

If you do not do that then you will have to re-download your complete Oculus games library again, which is massive if you have more than a few games. Mine was 150Gb which would have taken me days with my connection.

LZoltowski
Champion
You probably have something running that is interfering with the setup

Please ensure you are running the leanest version of windows possible
Close down all non-essential applications you have such as:

Any GPU tweaking utils such as MSI afterburner
Any motherboard utilities such as AI suite
Any encryption utilities 
Any SSD Utilities like Samsun Magic
Antivirus, Antimalware
Java updater if you have one
Any CPU Utilities
Any RGB peripheral utilities

Basically running as clean a windows session as possible.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

mjb7910
Honored Guest
Thank you all for your helpful insight! I'll try the solutions once I get home from work and update on here.

kernow
Heroic Explorer
Finally got mine to repair by following LZ's list combined with using the installer (not the patch program) and selecting "Repair". This has been an annoying pain in the butt process to get it working again.