cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Rift Demo do you wish you had experienced first?

lovelyhead
Protege
I am due to receive my Rift in the next few days and was wondering which Rift Demo do you wish had been your first experience of VR?
19 REPLIES 19

VRoom
Honored Guest
Glad to hear you are enjoying Rift! It's great, isn't it 🙂
I suggest you try Malfunction next ( viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4370 ). As far as I'm concerned, characters are the most impressive part of VR!

KINGvr
Explorer
im abit late rocking up to the show here hahahahaa

i have a set list of things i like to show case to my friends when they come round, its pretty much the order i 1st looked at when my rift arrived

so, War Thunder! for anybody British to experience sitting inside a spitfire and then getting to fly it, its a jaw dropper 😉

then on to the riftcoaster, parrot coaster, and woodcoaster, all the coasters, because these were all made for the rift, the graphics quality is better reflected in the rifts display, compared to war thunder/outerra that is

cracking on outerra world, mig 29(slightly modified thrust, it now nearly does mach2 ;D) and punch them out of the atmosphere upto about 500000ft, see the curvature of the earth, then i nice 10mins float back down through the atmosphere, that can blow minds

and the finale, Titans of Space, nothing really prepares anybody for the experience of being whisked about the solar system, it leaves everybody wanting 1 hahahahaa

i will say this, it took me over 2 weeks to get the likes of outerra and war thunder looking 'good' on the rift, i had to do abit of messing about in the CCC to get the colours right, and abit of tinkering with both outerras and war thunder in game settings for maximum effect.......................

i just wish Battlefield 4 worked on it............. and Arma 3................. and starwars battlefront hahahahaa, we can wish

get on War thunder brother!

over n out..................

VRoom
Honored Guest
Just found out something interesting.
I have Rift for around 2 months now and was using it almost daily. Naturally I got pretty much used to amazing scale and great 3d you get in VR by now, so "wow" effect, just because I put Rift on and look around, was gone. Experiences/demos themselves became much more important. However, I took a few days off from Rift last week and when I put it on again yesterday the "wow" feeling was there again! Almost as strong as the first day I tried it. I was just looking around for a few minutes and marveled 🙂 Just shows how powerful VR is.

jweaver
Heroic Explorer
Without a doubt "Titan Of Space".. But I wish I hadn't watched a 2D Youtube video of it before i got my rift!

sh0v0r
Protege
Next up you should grab Lunar Flight ofcourse 😉

bdickason
Explorer
I found RiftRacer to by far be the best experience and wish I had started there.

We tried Tuscany (mouse sensitivity was really high which broke the immersion, jump key didn't work on osx), and then CobraCoaster (graphics didn't quite feel immersive).

Once we loaded up RiftRacer with a dpad, the whole 'Holy shit this is amazing' moment set in, especially when looking to the left before taking a turn.

OnyXVR
Honored Guest
"sh0v0r" wrote:

Is Lunar Flight that good? Everybody keeps talking how amazing it is. Guess I'll have to jump in...

ZuluPilot
Honored Guest
"OnyXVR" wrote:
"sh0v0r" wrote:

Is Lunar Flight that good? Everybody keeps talking how amazing it is. Guess I'll have to jump in...

His opinion is not without bias I`d say 😄
But yeah, it's really good. Wish I had started with that one.

AkBaconHawk
Honored Guest
Awe mayn, if they made Battlefield 3/ ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) capable . i would litterly poop myself

Kzero
Honored Guest
"VRoom" wrote:
I'm quite happy I went with Tuscany demo. The scale and details are great and it really gives you a taste of what Oculus Rift is all about. It also helps that it's set in real-life environment that we all know, so the scale of objects is even more impressive.
My second choice would be Titans of Space.

I second this. Reading the forums before I got my rift, I was a little paranoid of nausea and being freaked out. Once I tried it, it was fantastic though.

On a side note. My g/f's mother stopped by today, and I threw her into the rift coaster. She couldn't believe it. She was standing and had to grab me for stability, and she was just yelling and screaming lol. I can't wait to have more people try it lol.