Did you mean: 

[GIVEAWAY OVER] OCULUS VR + TOUCH “RAK” GIVEAWAY

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

OCULUS VR + TOUCH “RAK” GIVEAWAY 

*** Please read the rules, especially the last one. ***

I am giving away one brand new Oculus VR + Touch + Extended Warranty via direct
ship from Amazon.  This is a legitimate
personal contest and I have cleared it with Oculus before posting.

I am not an Oculus employee and Oculus is not financially
involved with this in any way.  I am
solely responsible.  I am not rich,  I just enjoy doing stuff like this from time
to time.  I am posting the rules first
and then the contest below.  If you don’t
read the rules or follow the entry requirements, then your entry(ies) won’t
count.  My money, my contest, my
rules!  (What a bitch, right?)

If you want to keep track of which entries are valid, I will be using the "awesome" tag for valid entries.  I may "like" or "lol" other entries, but only the "awesome" will tag an entry as valid based on the rules.  Other people using awesome is cool but only mine denotes that your entry is in the running.  Remember, it's not a contest for who is kindest; all valid entries have an equal chance.

Rules:

1)     
Entries must follow the instructions below.  If they do not, they won’t count.

2)     
All users are free to PM me, but PMs that
attempt to persuade me to choose their entry will not work.  If I could afford to buy the whole world an
Oculus, I would, but I can’t and this is not a charity so please PLEASE don’t
send me messages about how you deserve the prize because you’re poor or some
other sad story.  I will feel bad for you
and probably cry, but it won’t influence the outcome.

3)     
You may enter more than once but each entry must
uniquely follow the rules.  Intentional
duplication will invalidate all entries.

4)     
Only entries posted publicly in this thread
count.

5)     
Do NOT send me personal info.  Neither I, nor anyone else (nobody else is
involved with this) will ask for any personal information.  If anyone messages you asking for it, do NOT
give it, it’s not me.

6)     
The winner will need to provide a name and
shipping address, but do not do so unless I have notified you by PM AND posted
that you won in the thread.  If it’s not
in the thread that you won and didn’t come from my account, ignore and report
it.

7)     
If you think this is a fraud/farce I have done
this before when Black Desert Online came out. 
I gave away like $500 worth of accounts. 
You can verify at this link
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11792-angels-bdo-giveaway-conquerors-pack/&page=...

.  I no longer play that anymore, but you
can see that it’s legit.  If you read the
thread you will also see I took some abuse for it as some people thought it was
fake and some people were pissed they didn’t win, but no good deed goes unpunished!

😎     
I will be active chatting in the thread because…
because I will, you do not have to kiss my butt, it won’t help your chances of
winning.

9)     
The contest will end on April 1.  Winner will be announced by April 4.

10)  
The contest will be extended if necessary until
the required number of entries is reached.

11)  
The prize and shipping within the USA have no
charge and no strings attached.  If you
win and live outside the USA you will have to pay for shipping.  Sorry!

12)  
The winner will be chosen at random from proper
entries.  If you do not win I hope you will
at least have had fun participating.

13)  
The prize is an Oculus Rift + Touch.  Do not ask me to substitute prizes or
cash.  If you don’t want the prize you
are free to sell it or give it as a gift.

14)  
These rules are subject to addendum if I find I
have left out something important.

15)    All RAK's must be new ones, not what you have done in the past.  Past kindness is awesome but new kindness counts as an entry!

THE CONTEST!

This is an “RAK” Contest. 
RAK = Random Act of Kindness.

In order to enter you will need to do 2 things in each
entry.

1)     
Post a unique Random Act of Kindness.  By unique I mean that if you enter more than
once (you may enter as often as you feel inclined) you must post a different
RAK. 

2)     
If you are a current Oculus owner you must list
your favorite Oculus title or use and why. 
If you are not an Oculus owner you must post why you want an
Oculus.  If you are entering for a
second, third, or greater time post either another title, app, or use OR detail
a fun experience you have had gaming with other Oculus users.

I LOVE random acts of kindness.  I try to do one as often as I can.  Now I realize the fact that you will be
looking to do them sort of removes the “random” part of it, but it’s really the
acts of kindness I get off on (that maybe doesn’t sound right… or does it?).

Random acts of kindness do NOT include things you would
normally do every day.  Helping your brother
with his homework does not count.  Doing
chores does not count.  If it’s something
you would normally do, that’s not what I am after.  Helping someone who wasn’t expecting it is
the idea.  Stopping to help a stranded
motorist… helping an old lady across the street (she had to want to cross the
street… don’t drag some old person kicking and screaming across the street!)…
something that brightens someone else’s day when they really could not have
expected it is what I’m after.

Maybe this contest isn’t really relevant to Oculus, but this
is an awesome community, so we’ll see.

I am looking for 100 or more valid entries between now and
April 1.  Please share the contest link
with your social media friends, reddit, etc. 
Maybe it will bring some new people to Oculus.

This is a self-serving contest.  I just love seeing people be kind.  I do realize that some posts will be total
BS.  Hopefully they are kept to a
minimum.  If they are obvious BS they
will be invalidated.  If you claim to
have run into a burning building to save people, please post a link to the news
story!

I hope everyone enjoys my little contest and maybe gets a
smile out of it and I hope whoever wins really enjoys the hell out of their
prize!

~Aliantha~

284 REPLIES 284

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer

@aliatha  yeah ! . your right !!  I was sooo busy today that I forgot to feed myself ! so I`ve sent me missus out to get a take away from the local chinkys !

seriously I`ve been such a busy lad doing random acts of KINDNESS today ....HONEST !!

cowboyfanva
Explorer
Awesome 

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
I`m just waiting for the rest of the usual jokers to jump in on this thread and totally derail it ..it should be fun !

WiLLuMPJuH
Adventurer

I`m just waiting for the rest of the usual jokers to jump in on this thread and totally derail it ..it should be fun !

As my RAK I will not derail it ... but, yeah .. :smiley:

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer

it should be fun !

It WILL be fun !
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

xShadowknight
Explorer
I would like to enter the contest to gift the reward to someone. I really like to give to others but I think this was a random kindness even though it was my friend but, my friend Jonathan has been talking to this girl online for a couple of years and they finally decided to online date me at the time had an online relationship too. But mind didn't end so well with me and the girl. My friend is kind of living in poverty and he really wanted to see this girl so I told him "Don't worry I'll pay for your plane ticket to go see her because I wanna see you guys work out since mine did not. I gave him $300 dollars to get a flight to south Carolina from new york. He was really happy that I did that for him and I told its on me don't worry. This was around September of 2016 and they are still together. I'm happy that I got to get my friend to finally meet his lover. This is something I had never done for someone.

My favorite oculus title is probably the Serious sam franchise I didn't have any coop sessions but solo I really enjoyed this game really action packed and fun to play on my free time.

LUMOS_HardKille
Honored Guest
well i did buy my girlfriend a big box of choccies today for when she finished work just so she knows shes appreciated and loved since her job is a hard one (mental health support worker). does that count? lol

Stryker1000
Heroic Explorer
actually re reading the OP ...then thinking about ...I probably do have a valid reason for sticking my oar in on this one .. I work for the NHS and help others in saving lives every day . Does this count ?

Arguyle
Honored Guest
Wow! What a brilliant idea! One step that leads to another. I really like the idea. 

Entry: 
1- At work, I have a colleague sitting near me that is going back to school. She has 2 kids. I believe it takes courage to go to work while studying and taking care of 2 kids. Not only that, this person is generous with the people around her, while not expecting anything in return. Then one day I overheard a few discussions about her having trouble with a specific topic, macroeconomics. She's not the type to ask for help as she is shy. So I went to see her a bit later, and offered my help as I mastered this topic when I was at university and I would just be glad her if she could feel the success of mastering this topic and truly achieve what she is aiming for - get a university degree. She was very happy, the smile on her face was priceless. Moreover, it empowered her and restored her confidence. 

2 - My favorite VR Game... really hard to say there are so many. I'll pick Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, for all the laughs and screams it created with my friends and family. The game itself has a great variety of challenge and this type of game really brings people together as one. The experience is great, and more importantly, creates these kind of moments we cherish for years.

Thank you for doing this. If more people could join this contest, we could achieve world peace. 

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

I would like to enter the contest to gift the reward to someone. I really like to give to others but I think this was a random kindness even though it was my friend but, my friend Jonathan has been talking to this girl online for a couple of years and they finally decided to online date me at the time had an online relationship too. But mind didn't end so well with me and the girl. My friend is kind of living in poverty and he really wanted to see this girl so I told him "Don't worry I'll pay for your plane ticket to go see her because I wanna see you guys work out since mine did not. I gave him $300 dollars to get a flight to south Carolina from new york. He was really happy that I did that for him and I told its on me don't worry. This was around September of 2016 and they are still together. I'm happy that I got to get my friend to finally meet his lover. This is something I had never done for someone.

My favorite oculus title is probably the Serious sam franchise I didn't have any coop sessions but solo I really enjoyed this game really action packed and fun to play on my free time.

15)    All RAK's must be new ones, not what you have done in the past.  Past kindness is awesome but new kindness counts as an entry!

Rule from above.  Sweet of you to help your friend last year, time for an annual RAK!  You can do it!