cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I disable the screen mirror on my monitor?

Gamewiz1
Protege
Hey everyone, I'm wondering if it is possible to disable the screen mirroring on my TV so that I have all the performance on the Rift.  I am not sure if the Rift was designed to send out both signals without it impacting performance, so if it was possible to turn the normal image from my television, I'd love to do it. 

Thanks for any help everyone:)
14 REPLIES 14

NextWorldVR
Protege

MAC_MAN86 said:

Anyone know if removing 3D Vision removes VulkanRT ? This prevents Lone Echo loading. I don't see a direct link to those files in the package.

Wow,  there should be no interplay between the two, 3D Vision is squarely NVIDIA ../   Simply making sure 3D Vision is OFF (unchecked) should be enough,  what do you mean by 'remove it'?

BloomPeters
Explorer

The power is not wasted, like I mentioned above what you see on your TV or monitor is a simple mirror. The GPU is not redrawing the scene again. Dual GPU or more setups are tricky still and up to developers to implement correctly. Having each GPU send a frame to each eye causes a lot of latency and it all has to be in sync.

Thats strange when i minimize the window the game becomes much more smoother! So i think it does indeed causes a performance drop in some way. Idk but i notice far better performance minimized.

I do not believe the line that the GPU does not have to do any additional rendering.

In Half Life: Alyx, the view on the normal monitor does not match the view from either eye.

You're wrong. I was having issues with Vivecraft not reaching 72fps at a decent render distance. After disabling the mirror in vr settings in Vivecraft, I get a consistent 72fps.