cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED]Error During Installation.

TheLastLibraria
Sightseer
EDIT: Thanks to LZOLTOWSKI, I ended up looking through the log file and ended up Googling the error line which ended up sending me to another LZOLTOWSKI solved thread where Windows Defender was the culprit. Ended up temporarily disabling it and the installation went through perfectly. Now I'm getting some issue with the headset HDMI and its USB not being recognized, but hopefully I can figure that out. Thanks again LZOLTOWSKI!

My Rift was working perfectly fine before the necessary patch. When I tried to install the patch it kept giving me an error, I ended up uninstalling the Oculus software completely hoping to do a fresh install.

Well, that didn't work at all. I can start the installation process and after it downloads and proceeds to the installation process, it will run for a couple minutes and then it gives me the message: "Restart Computer. Sorry, we encountered an error during installation. Please restart your computer and try running Oculus Setup again."

I tried that several times using several options: unplugging the headset and sensors, deleting every Oculus related folder, clearing out the registries.

I don't know what else to do/try to complete the installation process.

Like I said before, everything worked perfectly fine before the necessary patch issue.
Ryzen 1700X
Gigabyte AB350N ITX
16GB Corsair RAM
Win 10, 64-bit
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2

30 REPLIES 30

LZoltowski
Champion
Try running a super lean session of windows, disable any GPU Tweakers, antivirus, CPU monitors, SSD Utils, motherboard utils, etc, basically shut anything nonessential down, then run the setup again.

If that doesn't help post your setup log

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RiftFlyer
Protege
I have the exact same problem. I tried installing as admin, windows defender off and it fails every time. I will start my own thread with setup log. 

TheLastLibraria
Sightseer

Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post.

Hey LZOLTOWSKI, thanks for the quick reply, I just restarted from another failed attempt, following your advice and went through safe mode. Attached is the log file.

RiftFlyer said:

I have the exact same problem. I tried installing as admin, windows defender off and it fails every time. I will start my own thread with setup log. 

RIFTFLYER, it's really frustrating, hopefully we can figure out a solution!

LZoltowski
Champion
Ah, yes easy problem, you don't have the right environment variable

Before you attempt running setup again, make sure you don't run setup as admin, don't run it in windows safe mode.
Make sure you run a lean version of a normal windows mode by disabling any of the following if you have them

Antivirus/Antimalware
MSI Afterburner or any other GPU tweaker
ANy SSD utilities such as Samsung Magic
Any motherboard utilities
etc

Then
  1. In Search, search for and then select: System (Control Panel)
  2. Click the Advanced system settings link.
  3. Click Environment Variables. In the section System Variables, find the PATH environment variable and select it. Click Edit. If the PATH environment variable does not exist, click New.
  4. In the Edit System Variable (or New System Variable) window, specify the value of the PATH environment variable. The path you need to add is C:\windows if it's not there already. Click OK. Close all remaining windows by clicking OK.

it should look like this: (ignore my entries, dont add the Oculus paths, c:\windows should be enough by itself)suzj5q9elo0a.jpg

The run setup again BUT PLEASE RUN IT WITH EVERYTHING OFF AS IN the PREVIOUS STEP, do NOT run the file as admin, and run the setup file from your C:\ drive, not from downloads directory
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

TheLastLibraria
Sightseer

Actually, it was easier than that, I just had to disable Windows Defender!
How did I figure that out, well I looked at the log and Google led me to another thread that you ended up helping someone else with!
I edited the main post to reflect that, my new issue is that the headset HDMI and USB wouldn't be recognized, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks again!

LZoltowski
Champion

Actually, it was easier than that, I just had to disable Windows Defender!
How did I figure that out, well I looked at the log and Google led me to another thread that you ended up helping someone else with!
I edited the main post to reflect that, my new issue is that the headset HDMI and USB wouldn't be recognized, so we'll see how that goes. Thanks again!

Great, if you have more issues and cant solve them, start a new thread and provide the logs 🙂

Be kind to one another 🙂

zeberip
Honored Guest
Hey, i have the same problema and cant seem to solve it, i have already disabled Windows defender and my other safety antivirus but still nothing, please Help

500stix
Honored Guest
Hello

I keep getting the error message 'can't install please restart' when trying to put Oculus Rift onto my PC. Below is the error line from the log. I am quite clueless with PCs. Can someone help please?

[Error] [27/06/2018 18:23:08] Error fetching / parsing config.\nSystem.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'graph.oculus.com'

delete the oculus folder in program files\oculus, disable AV or defender, install again without rebooting, that did it for me and didn't need to dowload it again