cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installing the Oculus Runtime

Anonymous
Not applicable
After downloading and running the installer on Windows 7 SP1 I am presented with this error:
hiadc8vu5hea.png

After clicking OK the installer opens and works as intended untill the Installing part takes place. The same error pops up and upon closing it pops up again, making it impossible to proceed. The weird part is every time I turn on my PC this same error box appears. The specified dll file is not missing from my C drive.v4aebj39zl3d.png

I really need some help ASAP because I intent to use the Oculus on a school project due the end of the year on which depends my grade :'(
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay this time the installation finished successfully, although on each restart the error always popped up. But now after trying to open the Oculus app I am presented with another error:

nkmpd586g5tx.png

I attached the setup log again

LZoltowski
Champion
If it connected successfully now you should be able to generate a complete log:

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Upon opening it the same "missing dll file" showed again.

LZoltowski
Champion
Try this

open CMD prompt as ADMIN (this is important)

type in regsvr32 /i C:\Windows\System32\api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll

also out of interest is the file api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll present in the Oculus folder?  

Oculus\Support\Oculus-Client\
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-1-0.dll is present but not the 1-2-0 one
I get this error when running the command:
h468bnj88c7x.png

LZoltowski
Champion
I checked on my computer and on a VM of windows 7 I use .. I cannot find that file! Something went super wrong on your system. The only thing I can suggest now is doing a full windows re-install. Making sure windows is fully up to date, running any KB updates, making sure you install ALL the distros in the previous post and run setup again.

Be kind to one another 🙂