cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another area, although was built as a waterfall, I think it might work better for snowpack areas, coastline, or even rock, with a bit of paint
hd4xcin068xm.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
The full sculpt, as it is currently.  Very much in progress.   Will likely work a bit more on the overly plasticize areas and the boat a bit more, but probably won't run too far with this one, since I'm still trying to figure out better ways to do the natural elements. 

zrbpwmbyfy8f.pngx3uxt8rfb8bw.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Added a bit of paint to the other side of the mountains.  Went berzerk with the camera, so have tons of images to look through.  Video gives an overview, moved the lighting so it was more favorable to that side of the sculpt, shows some of the faces better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWmgruzSRm0&feature=youtu.be

Anonymous
Not applicable
Morning Coffee.  Ten minute project. Essential
joul8uch3zme.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Second try with MerperVR animating an oculus object.  Still some learning to go here, particularly with keeping the object in frame and getting it away from the control panels.   Program itself is in VR only and doesn't export or anything yet.  Still potentially useful, and easy enough to use, if not master.  An afternoon with it and I should have a better idea what it can and can't do, whether it can handle large sculpts, complex materials, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZedMNzhcmI&feature=youtu.be

Anonymous
Not applicable
My entry into the Rodin contest.  He did quite a bit of metal sculpture so went with that.  Went a bit off course with the wood elements, although I liked them too much to change them.

Chronos

Past
Charging up a steep incline, on perhaps an infinite climb.  The hourglass has yet begun, the void awaits
tp8xwdhulc6w.png
Present
In the moment of time, the course is steady, as Chronos surfs the equilibrium.  The sands of infinity have turned to matter and concrete manifestation.
je76xpaqlwnd.png
Future
His back turned, Chronos has moved past the moment.   He contemplates the full hourglass, as he labors forward for the last few steps towards the mountain top.  
pu7mjookg1u1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to @P3nT4gR4m I was able to get screen capture working.  Had to export the video for cleanup, since I forgot to keep the taskbar off-screen, so also learned how to crop and speed up a video.  Spent more time working out the details of the video processing than the actual sculpt, but works for proof of concept. Need to remember to up the resolution a bit more when I do this! Next one should go a lot faster, at least on the video editing end of things.  . Knowing which buttons are where seems to help 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2-_LBJUnkM&feature=youtu.be

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I already knew adobe premier inside out when I started doing timelapses of medium sculpts. 99% of the time I spend on my videos is adobe rendering the mp4 and then uploading to youtube. The actual - me doing something - part is 1-2 mins tops.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Took a side trip into tilt brush.  Still working on that one, but while I was there decided to test the various brush import/export.   I didn't test things like snow+fire etc.   The first export (tilt->medium) test was a rather large piece
(not shown), and was reasonably scalable.  Noticed a mix of solid areas
and fragmented areas, so decided to figure out which was which.

This is a survey of the various brushes and how they translate to medium.
Wrote the name of the brush and did a few lines of each.   Numbers represent resolution of the mesh to clay layer after import.  Composited in paint, so a very slight loss of detail, but not particularly significant.  
2j273n913l4w.png
Light wire and paper didn't handle curved lines too well.  The other brushes (marked with green tags) appeared to have some volume going on.   Toon sent out a ray, so not fantastic.   I only used one color on this test.  Chromatic wave was a bit surprising, so maybe I should have tested the luminous brushes as well.

Anyhow, posting for reference.

EDIT:  Paper is incorrect, that visible line is from one of the nearby brushes. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Alright, been too quiet lately....been exploring the new tools.   Warmup sculpt.  Dabbling with the improved move tool, so many things to look at, seeing some interesting uses for color
a6qrrl8n2n8j.pngwlvbkhnuxsgi.png