cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To anyone still using the Fresco Logic Drivers with Windows 10

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Hi there - just for your information:

The recommended USB Controller card has a FL1100 based chipset which is natively supported by Windows 10. The Fresco driver is there for Windows 7 as stated on their support page:

Fresco maintains our host controller driver for use on Windows 7 because Microsoft doesn't support USB 3.0 controllers in Windows 7.  For all newer versions of Windows using the built in Microsoft driver will provide the best user experience.

https://support.frescologic.com/portal/kb/articles/controller-not-working-in-windows-10-or-windows-8...

So currently not only Oculus and the majority of Oculus users, but also Frescologic themself officially recommend using the native Microsoft driver for the FL1100 based chipset on Windows 10.

The link above also contains a small how-to.

In my case the driver was not listed under installed applications and also had no uninstall.exe or something.

To uninstall the driver, open the device manager, right click the FL1100 USB Host Controller and choose "uninstall" (or "remove" don't know exactly right now). When asked, also approve the deletion of the driver files. After reboot the Microsoft driver will have been installed automatically and you won't get anymore warnings from Oculus about updating your drivers.

If you are a little unsure or afraid from trying, you can create a system restore point before uninstalling the driver, that way you can roll back to this point in case something goes wrong. But it shouldnt be neccessary, really - in my case everything went smooth as silk.

Greets

10 REPLIES 10

LZoltowski
Champion
Thanks for the detailed info, will be useful for when someone searches for this. I have been recommending Microsofts drivers instead of FRESCO for a while now as they seem more stable.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Hornet_F4C - I did that and now I have a small message asking me if I want to setup my Rift. Do I have to run through the set up again or can I just cancel that part?

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

RedRizla said:

@Hornet_F4C - I did that and now I have a small message asking me if I want to setup my Rift. Do I have to run through the set up again or can I just cancel that part?

Did you reboot already? It should not ask that assuming your rift was already installed, setup and working before.

If you can cancel this step, try it and see if it works. If the software forces you through the setup process, I guess, you have no choice?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I did reboot yes. Miles better with Microsoft drivers. This should be made a sticky for everyone to see.

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Glad it worked for you!

>> This should be made a sticky for everyone to see.

Well - bump it 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Bumpty bumb..

WetRamenNoodles
Honored Guest
After uninstalling the Fresco drivers, I rebooted multiple times. It seems like my windows still hasn't downloaded its own drivers. When I'm in the devices page on my Oculus App, the two sensors connected to my Fresco USB hub don't show up. Is there something I still need to do? Should I just reboot more times? 

techiefive
Honored Guest

After uninstalling the Fresco drivers, I rebooted multiple times. It seems like my windows still hasn't downloaded its own drivers. When I'm in the devices page on my Oculus App, the two sensors connected to my Fresco USB hub don't show up. Is there something I still need to do? Should I just reboot more times? 

Open Device Manager (Windows Key + X and select Device Manager), right click anywhere within the window and select Check for Hardware Updates. If that doesn't work, try having Windows Update check for updates. Hopefully one of those options works, if you haven't already found a solution (in which case please let us know).

WetRamenNoodles
Honored Guest

Open Device Manager (Windows Key + X and select Device Manager), right click anywhere within the window and select Check for Hardware Updates. If that doesn't work, try having Windows Update check for updates. Hopefully one of those options works, if you haven't already found a solution (in which case please let us know).

I kept looking under 'Universal Serial Bus controllers', when it was under 'Other Devices.' Just updated the driver and it works! Such an easy fix, I can't believe I couldn't find it earlier. Thank you.