Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.24 Release Notes

cybereality
Grand Champion
1.24 Release Notes

Changes:
  • Oculus desktop app:
    • Installed apps can now be moved between library locations. If you have multiple folders where you install apps (whether on one or multiple drives), you can now move the app data between those folders freely.
  • Rift Core 2.0 Beta:

• Added various performance improvements and bugfixes.
  • Graphics:

• Fixed a problem in which the display would show a graphics ghosting effect with AMD-based GPUs.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
after latest 1.24 rift not working. how to roll back

Anonymous
Not applicable

fransoos said:

after latest 1.24 rift not working. how to roll back

Check this thread:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/62715/oculus-runtime-services-current-status#latest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Performed 1.24 update.  Now eve valkyrie and i expect you to die want to update, but stuck on "Continue"/"Finish install".  Also Updates page indicates "3" updates available, but only these two are listed.

N0cturnalW0lf
Protege
"Fixed a problem in which the display would show a graphics ghosting effect with AMD-based GPUs."
so I wasn't imagining it!
problem is that the patch hasn't fixed this for me. it's not unbearable but I did notice it without looking for any issues, I think it was introduced with the first update after the manual patch.

CR055Y
Honored Guest
after the update, the new game will not install, the counter goes up to 100% then return to the "click to install down arrow"? 
In notifications, all it says is "sorry we could not install Titanic VR please visit support"

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Fixed a problem in which the display would show a graphics ghosting effect with AMD-based GPUs."
so I wasn't imagining it!
problem is that the patch hasn't fixed this for me. it's not unbearable but I did notice it without looking for any issues, I think it was introduced with the first update after the manual patch 

Yeah I have the same issue, I'm constantly in contact with support trying to get it fixed, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue

cybereality
Grand Champion
@CR055Y Can you try restarting the Oculus service under Settings -> Beta -> Restart Oculus?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
Version 1.24.0.545657 (1.24.0.547103) and Windows 7
There is a sound bug with Home !
For all games and Rift menu all sounds goes to headset
but for the Home, I don't have sound via headset but only with main speakers

I must go to windows sound settings and change device manually to have sound in the correct entry.

This problem is here since the first version of Rift with Home.

Please fix it thanks !

Calimero_Oeuf
Expert Protege
Also a good update for Home is to add brushes and pencils to draw or write on our place