cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] HDMI not detected

CasperS9900
Honored Guest
Hi 
I am struggling with my oculus, HDMI not detected. 
I have tried the following and fear i have damaged the cable. 

Uninstalling oculus software
Updating all drivers including recent patch from march
checked hdmi on graphics card
still no luck.

my cable did get stuck for a brief moment with me sitting in my playseat underneath the the seat, so i fear i have destroyed the cable..... 

any inputs will be welcome 
19 REPLIES 19

CasperS9900
Honored Guest
I will give it a try. But I am wondering, I had this set for a year working without any problems, and now suddenly stopped working. 

LZoltowski
Champion
There could be 2 things like you said you squished your cable, but also since you are running setup again, the HMD needs to phone home to re-initialise, now between now and one year ago you maybe installed something or done something to your DNS or network config, that now it cannot ..
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

CasperS9900
Honored Guest
So from what you are saying, you would not rule out that i have broken the cable ? Because I have not installed anything new or changed anything in my network since last week were it was running fine

LZoltowski
Champion

So from what you are saying, you would not rule out that i have broken the cable ? Because I have not installed anything new or changed anything in my network since last week were it was running fine

You uninstalled the software, so it needs to do the check again, it only does it on initial setup.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

CasperS9900
Honored Guest
yes only because i was told to do so by support after it stopped working 

CasperS9900
Honored Guest
I am going to do a clean install of windows to see if that it is some issue with a setting or software, otherwise i will wait for the new cable i ordered 

CasperS9900
Honored Guest
Fresh install of Windows only oculus software downloaded and the problem is still there

CasperS9900
Honored Guest
Problem solved!! Turns out i managed to destroy my cable! Got my new one today and it is registrering the hdmi

LZoltowski
Champion

Problem solved!! Turns out i managed to destroy my cable! Got my new one today and it is registrering the hdmi

AMAZEBALLS! Can I mark the title as solved?

Be kind to one another 🙂

CasperS9900
Honored Guest
Mark ahead!! I am really Happy now and just gonna play project cars now