cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home crashes on startup or at random.

charliemakescar
Expert Protege
Has anyone else had this issue? it's been happening since I installed the new patch.
13 REPLIES 13

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you upload your LogGatherer zip file here? See this thread on how to get the file.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

charliemakescar
Expert Protege
Here you go.

LZoltowski
Champion
Hmm, had a browse, I can't see anything specific,

What version of GPU drivers are you running?
When you installed the patch did you have any antivirus or any antimalware on? Might be a good idea to install the patch again.
Are you running Classic Home or Home Core 2.0 Beta?

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

charliemakescar
Expert Protege
These are my specs. I'm using the latest Nvidia driver. I've already rolled back and that did not solve the issue.

07wnhdipn9qx.jpg

charliemakescar
Expert Protege
Here's a visual of the error, it just keeps disconnecting now. I haven't been able to run any apps properly today.

The black screen bits are when it disconnects/reconnects.

https://youtu.be/CMMnP2M326M

LZoltowski
Champion

cjboucher said:

These are my specs.

07wnhdipn9qx.jpg

Great specs, could you answer these too please?

• What version of GPU drivers are you running?
  • When you installed the patch did you have any antivirus or any antimalware on? Might be a good idea to install the patch again but disable any anti-virus/windows defender/anti-malware
  • Are you running Classic Home or Home Core 2.0 Beta?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

charliemakescar
Expert Protege
Thanks. 🙂 Looking to upgrade though as Quill can barely handle my more complex scenes.

I don't have any anti virus software apart from Windows Defender.

I'm running Home Core 2.0 beta

LZoltowski
Champion

cjboucher said:

Thanks. 🙂 Looking to upgrade though as Quill can barely handle my more complex scenes.

I don't have any anti virus software apart from Windows Defender.

I'm running Home Core 2.0 beta

Could you try and disable defender and run the patch install again? Something seems garbled up.

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
I see some Nvidia errors in the logs. Can you try uninstalling current driver using DDU safe mode, and then install Nvidia driver 388.59 specifically? That may help. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV