Oculus Setup: KB2670838 and KB3033929 required, but already installed - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Setup: KB2670838 and KB3033929 required, but already installed

13»

Comments

• TheGambler20TheGambler20 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    So there is a trick to skip that part of the setup. Open the command prompt (and navigate to the folder where the setup file exists) and run this:
    OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck
    However, if the hotfixes *are* missing you will have lots of problems after that point.
    Worked for me.  Thank you so much for letting us know.  Had the problem where the updates were already installed and still said they were not installed. 
  • DavidwandrDavidwandr Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi all.  I went to apply the OculusPatchMarch2018 and guess what... same problem!  So again, the solution is to run in cmd line; OculusPatchMarch2018.exe /bypassHotfixCheck 
  • tugnictugnic Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've been working on this bug for 2 days, nothing to do
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    tugnic said:

See the directions here on how to resolve the problem.
    https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,718 Volunteer Moderator
    tugnic said:
    Some people are having issues running it from command prompt, here is another way:

Move the Setup file to C:\

RIght click on it and select create shortcut

on the created shortcut right click end select properties

add /bypassHotfixCheck as in the pic

press ok, and double click the shortcut
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • DontShootNowDontShootNow Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just noting this is still a problem as of 2 year Rift CV1 Anniversary. Installing on Windows 7 64bit - the command line trick worked. 

Also Windows claimed the drivers were unsigned. Not a great first impression
  • JoseloxJoselox Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    There are tons of sites that can show how to use the command line. I can try to explain the steps.

- Copy the file "OculusSetup.exe" onto your C: drive (not in any folder, just in the root).
    - Open the command window by pressing the Windows button and typing "cmd" and press Enter..
    - Type "C:" and press enter. When you are typing, don't use quotes (just type what's in between the quotes).
    - Type "CD/" and press enter.
    - Type "OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck" and press enter.

That should be it. Hope that helps.

I just created my account while installing OUR 600 dollar product to thank this guy. Fucking awesome dude. You should OWN Oculus, period.
  • SilvastoneSilvastone Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    ok... July 2018 and here I am having to deal with this... w7 tells me the hotfixes are already installed. I did all mentioned here... the bypass code doesn´t do it for me. The other method to install the hotfixes from cmd also doesn´t work... I checked multiple times for spelling and lower/upper case... no sucess at all.. what should I do?
  • Capitol_CPTCapitol_CPT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    What happens to someone who has both of these updates, but also needs to change their installation drive?

You cant do both cmds at once! :neutral:
  • Capitol_CPTCapitol_CPT Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    pyr084 said:
    i had the same problem, rift software says KB3033929 and KB2670838 are not installed.
    i tried everthing in this post, dosent work.

then i force install the 2 windows updates like this

1. download KB3033929 and KB2670838 from microsoft
    2. download and install 7zip
    3. unpack KB3033929 and KB2670838 with 7-zip
    4. copy the files to c:\
    5. open console in admin mode
    6. type: dism /online /add-package:C:\Windows6.1-KB3033929-x64.cab
    7. wait until restart
    8. open console in admin mode
    9. type: dism /online /add-package:C:\Windows6.1-KB2670838-x64.cab
    8. wait until restart
    10. install oculus

have fun. hope it works for someone

Excellent work around. Because of your guide i found this guide to turning the .msu into cab and then using dism. Managed to force KB3033939 to install: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2011/02/15/how-to-use-dism-to-install-a-hotfix-from-within-windows/

• RheedjecktRheedjeckt Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'm having the same fucking problem.
     received my oculus 2 days ago, been able to play it for about an hour.
     Went to work and when i came back i got the runtime error.
     Tried to repair the client. It fucked up.
    Tried to re-install it, got the computer needs to restart error.
    I did a clean install of win 10 which didnt change shit.
    Installed Win7 x64 Sp1 on another drive.
    Tried everything LZoltowski and cybereality posted in here and other threads.

And here i am, dissapoinnted and pissed off.

PLEASE HELP. 

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Did you try installing Windows 10?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • NicoNLNicoNL Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    why does this still come op on win7
  • macaiylavrmacaiylavr Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    So there is a trick to skip that part of the setup. Open the command prompt (and navigate to the folder where the setup file exists) and run this:
    OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck
    However, if the hotfixes *are* missing you will have lots of problems after that point.
    Where do I find the folder? I can't find it anywhere..