cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antivirus blocking install on secondary hard drive

Brass_Yeti
Honored Guest
Windows 10 - Up to date

I can't seem to install anything to my secondary drive. I get the error "Sorry, it looks like your antivirus software blocked the installation of ________." Installing onto my C: drive works perfectly fine. I have tried with windows defender off and have added the game folders to the exclusion list in windows defender. How can I get around this?
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
The drive needs to be internal (not USB or external), simple volume (not dynamic), NTFS format, and must have at least 120GB of free space. Also, do you have any other anti-virus programs on the machine that may be running?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Brass_Yeti
Honored Guest
It is an internal drive, NTFS format, has about 180gb left of free space. No other antivirus programs installed... but it is not a simple volume....

techelpp
Honored Guest
Hii Friend, I was installing Avira antivirus but Windows 10  Up to date I can't seem to install anything on my secondary drive. It's showing some, unlike Avira Error 5. can you give some helpful suggestion to solve this issues?
https://babasupport.org/apple/itunes-tech-support-number/309

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Oh no, Baba is back!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

cybereality
Grand Champion
Wait.. Baba's providing support now?! Don't think I'll be able to keep up.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV