cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White "spots" on inside of rift?

TheLastSpectre
Sightseer
I have recently noticed two white spots of discolouration on each lens of the Rift. It is the exact same size on each side, and does not appear to be on the lens, as they are in the exact same location as well, and cleaning the lens does nothing. They are less visible against a dark surface and more visible against a light surface. Can anyone advise on the nature of this, and possible fixes? It breaks immersion quite effectively, and is difficult to ignore.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, welcome to the community forum support. Please note that this is a community ran help section and that we are not Oculus direct support. We can help with some basic fixes and can be a bit faster than Oculus direct support, but advance help might only be available at Oculus direct support. At any time if feel you need more advanced support please feel free to reach out to support by sending a ticket here: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hmmm, it sounds like it might be a case of back luck here. Can you take any pictures of the spots so we may have a better idea on what you are seeing? It sounds like maybe a few pixels on the screens might have gotten stuck by off what you have said.

TheLastSpectre
Sightseer
I did follow their directions and download Undead Pixel, my only issue now is: how do I get UD pixel to run on the oculus screens as opposed to my monitor?

cybereality
Grand Champion
This sounds like sun damage. Which can happen if they lenses are ever in the view of the sun (even for seconds at a time). Sort of like how you can use a magnifying glass and sunlight to burn paper (or ants or whatever), it's the same concept. Unfortunately, this is permanent damage to the screen and cannot be fixed.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV