cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Users w/ Black Screen on Rift, Post Logs Here

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are still experiencing issues with black screens on Rift, please share your log files here. Usually with this issue, Rift will work the first time after a reboot, and then after removing the headset or going idle for a while, the screen in Rift will become black. Restarting your computer or the Oculus service can sometimes temporarily work around this issue. Some users have also had some success with rolling back their video card drivers (for example, to 388.59 on Nvidia). It would be helpful to know if you installed the latest Fall Creators Update, for Windows 10 users. It would also help to know if you are on Rift Core 2.0 or are still using the classic version. Also please note if you have Guardian enabled or disabled. 

See this thread for how to get your LogGatherer zip file.
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-...

Note, the file may be too big to attach to the forum, so you may want to use a hosting service like GoogleDrive, etc.

Your help here will assist us in getting to the bottom of this issue. Thanks a bunch.

EDIT: If you're using an Nvida GPU and are having the black screen issue, it may help to send some files to Nvidia as well. See this thread for details.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1039358/geforce-drivers/requesting-end-user-assistance-with...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
301 REPLIES 301

pidge916
Explorer
We released a new GeForce Game Ready Driver 391.24 which includes a fix for this issue.  

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/sea-of-thieves-game-ready-driver

We released the fix as a BETA driver to a few end users who were experiencing the same issue and they all reported that they are no longer seeing the problem so we are confident this fix fully addresses the issue.  Thank you all for your patience.

Regards,
Manuel Guzman  
NVIDIA Customer Care

JQuinn74
Protege
didn't work for me my logs keep showing the OVRServiceLauncher error. I"ve attached my logs so someone can get an idea to what is wrong and what I need to do on my end. This latest NVidia driver update did not resolve the issue.

douggyvegas
Honored Guest
hi everybody.my english is not good,but do I have to understand that the fix for black screen is not included in the last nvidia driver?and we have to wait for an official release? thanks 

nrosko
Superstar

hi everybody.my english is not good,but do I have to understand that the fix for black screen is not included in the last nvidia driver?and we have to wait for an official release? thanks 

should work. give it a go. probably a good idea to restart pc, make a cuppa T & prey. 

douggyvegas
Honored Guest

nrosko said:

should work. give it a go. probably a good idea to restart pc, make a cuppa T & prey. 

no it doesn t work for me:(( sometimes I play 10 mn or more but ,at a moment black screen appears and just the sound....I tried a lot solutions but nothing works...I m gonna prey then...

JQuinn74
Protege
fuck praying I need this fixed

douggyvegas
Honored Guest

JQuinn74 said:

fuck praying I need this fixed

doesn t work for you too?

JQuinn74
Protege
even when I restarted after installing the new Nvidia driver it didn't work. Once again I left my logs. I'm willing to give someone access to my computer. Unfortunately oculus doesn't do that.

ArcturusMax
Honored Guest
Setup for the first time - I can see the VR images on the PC window but the Rift is black.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Have you tried with the latest Nvidia driver and (if that doesn't work) driver 388.59?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV