cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift cv1 is warm during offline use

Aymito2
Expert Protege

I wanted to know if its possible to switch power off from My CV1 , because is very warm during pc use despite Oculus home is not open and not using it in any way, I live in a relatively warm weather and I am afraid this will affect it's performance or electronic component of the long run, I leave my pc on for many hour and I am not using my cv1, so it's a very worrying temperature to be at all that time, I know there is a purpose to reduce fogging during use , but there must be an option to switch it off other than disable the cables every time I use my pc, any advice on how to switch it off during not use will be great.
3 REPLIES 3

lord_of_shred
Adventurer
Afaik there is not possibility to do this. But you could use something like this
https://www.amazon.de/Atolla-4-port-Multi-Schalter-Ladeger%C3%A4t/dp/B01J7LF5PW/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&...
to switch it On/Off. But I can't give you any guarantees to the funcionality of the Rift or possible damages that might occur.

Aymito2
Expert Protege
a simple switch on the cv1 rift itself or the power cable could have done the trick, is it safe for the cv1 to have power on all the time like this ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me all I have to do is closing the Oculus "App". Is it open, CV1 gets warm, closed and all is fine.
Win 10 x64