cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Fitness Series Week 7 - GORN

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

So here we are in week 7 of the VR fitness series and after a much needed family vacation we are both refreshed and ready to get back on track. We had a great time on our week off, but with a family vacation comes a lot of unhealthy eating and no chance to work out. After getting home we were both a bit concerned that this might have derailed some of our progress over the previous weeks, but I am happy to say that not only was that progress not derailed but we actually came back and showed a weight loss again this week. Even with the plethora of restaurant and fast food that we ate while away there was also a lot of walking so perhaps that helped to balance it all out?

So this week we again looked to the VR Fitness Insider top 10 list and decided that it was time to try something that was a bit more of a game vs a fitness focused app so we are going to play GORN. This game has been on my radar for a while now and I have to say it is really fun! Stacey unfortunately did have a bit of difficulty with VR sickness at first but she changed a few things up in the options and was finally able to play it. Overall the game is not as intense as others we have done over the last 6 weeks so I decided to add some wrist weights and I did break a sweat and showed an elevated heart rate after a few rounds. We also both felt GORN might make for a good warm up to playing another game afterwards to complete our workouts this week.

So that's it for this week but as always we will be back next week with another update and a new game so stay tuned! []-)
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep on meaning to get Gorn, looks like a real blast, but I'm trying my best not to buy many more games. Congrats on both losing 3lbs each! 😄

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
@snowdog It is really fun and I can't believe I waited this long to play it... I highly recommend GORN! And thanks for the encouragement man. []-)
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

bizjer
Expert Protege
Great game to get the sweat on! 

Digikid1
Consultant

bizjer said:

Great game to get the sweat on! 

as long as you are not using a Vive that is.

That sweat will kill it DEAD! 😄

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
Too bloody to my taste...

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
@BrokenSymmetry If you don't like the blood you can do what my wife does in the video and turn on low violence mode. This makes the opponents wooden and replaces the blood with candy.

goldrush76
Protege
I also recommend Gorn but like your wife I got motion sickness and seriously had to put it down after a while. I've only played it once because of that so far... BUT I will go back and continue to tinker with the movement options to see what keeps my brain in check!

So far the only games I've gotten motion sickness from are Sprint Vector, Gorn and actually Dirt Rally!! (I dont have a wheel or a racing rig though)

I definitely need to try and get back into Sprint Vector again a little bit. THAT is a good workout once you get the coordination down!

@vrgamerdude , you two have GOT to try Sprint Vector if you haven't reviewed it yet!

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
@goldrush76 Yeah Sprint Vector is another one that my Wife can't play because of the motion sickness. I do plan on giving it a look on my own soon though. I have heard nothing but positive reports on it! Thanks for the reminder []-)

kevinw729
Honored Visionary
I wonder how well CREED will be in this respect?
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959