cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i just got my 15$ (13€) no idea what to buy recommend me something good :D

PlayingAim
Explorer
i think the title basically says it all im looking thru the store to find something that i really like but so far nothing
im open for a lot of games but i mostly intrested in shooters or rpgs
19 REPLIES 19

A_Force
Expert Protege

Bigtime88 said:

Subnautica

For me, this is by far the best thing I've played on Rift. Maybe as I've done a fair bit of snorkelling and bit of scuba diving. Rift feels like a mask on your head while playing. Graphics, sound and immersion just brilliant.
It's a crafting adventure, with a really good story.
Took me just over 2 days total playtime to finish so you get your moneys worth.

But what about the controls and GUI?
Im really curious about the game but i also hear the GUI is almost unuseable, that the controls are not adequate in VR and that its very motion-sickness inducing.

I guess for you the pros outweigh the cons of this game?

Bigtime88
Protege

A.Force said:

Bigtime88 said:

Subnautica

For me, this is by far the best thing I've played on Rift. Maybe as I've done a fair bit of snorkelling and bit of scuba diving. Rift feels like a mask on your head while playing. Graphics, sound and immersion just brilliant.
It's a crafting adventure, with a really good story.
Took me just over 2 days total playtime to finish so you get your moneys worth.

But what about the controls and GUI?
Im really curious about the game but i also hear the GUI is almost unuseable, that the controls are not adequate in VR and that its very motion-sickness inducing.

I guess for you the pros outweigh the cons of this game?

The user interface in VR isn't great no. I changed to look to select options (non default). I was fine using gamepad. I don't get sickness anymore in any games. I think the sickness just goes after using rift for a while.
I have a 1080Ti, and it makes good use of it. Maybe with a slow/min. spec. system it will get choppy.
I pursuaded my brother to buy it and he did, but he couldn't drag his ass away from iRacing/PC2 so it's not THE game for everyone however much I bleated on about it to him.

I need to fill a big hole that Subnautica has left. I'd get Fallout 4 or Skyrim in VR but have already played those to death.

Richooal
Consultant
I recommend waiting for this...........
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/63434/2nd-rift-birthday-major-sale-coming-march-28t...

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

AkashiSeijuurou
Explorer
@PlayingAim I would save it for something that you really want and hope for a good sale. 365 days(1year) and they expire
I asked God for a bike but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder, 

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought Robinson after the reviews of how good it looks which it does and has easier methods of climbing as it is the same makers as The Climb. It's a puzzle solving adventure amongst dinosaurs. I completed the full game in a weekend over about 4hours. Enjoyed it but I hate too many puzzles always plus I hate heights. For those reasons it made me sweat and hate going on yet I wanted to get it all out of the way to discover. Like a real adventure, love the outdoors but hate the adrenaline it builds up in me as I'm still in my room! 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I just bought A-Tech Cybernetic (early access doom-esque title). 'Gift' was £12 - A-Tech is currently £11.99 = perfect! 🙂

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

AkashiSeijuurou
Explorer
@PlayingAim I would save it for something that you really want and hope for a good sale. Note Your funds will remain for 365days and then expire
I asked God for a bike but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked God for forgiveness

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Hang on to it.

k3y
Honored Guest

lag0matic said:

Orbus, the MMO. Its on sale + the discount coupon makes it 15.00, instead of 40!

Orbus is a waste of money, even at $15
very buggy game and extremely hard to get started