cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Capture

Anonymous
Not applicable
After the last update, I finally found the controls to get gforce it to record (may have overlooked them previously, they aren't exactly easy to find). 
Trying to get  capture to do what I want it to, seems to be a different matter.   

The Record, instant replay, gallery, etc icons show up over the screen during the recording.  The icons and the recording seem to be locked to the primary monitor.  Moving the output to a different screen just happily records the icons over the desktop.  Changing the primary screen causes the recording icons to switch to and overlay that screen.   Using Instant replay puts the files in a different folder, so I'm guessing it is recording from the game, however the icons remain in those videos as well. 

So basically unclear how to hide the icons and actually record without them showing up in the video.   Can someone explain how to do this?
2 REPLIES 2

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Hide the icons with the same hotkey that brings them up (defaults to alt+z) 

From the top -
Launch Medium
alt+z to bring up the nvidia controls.
Click the record button then start.
Alt+z again to hide the panel
Maximise the medium window on primary monitor
When Medium is paused (ie. you've taken off the rift) This may look all weird and black with a tiny little Medium display
Fear not - as soon as you put the rift on again it'll go fullscreen
Alt+z at the end to bring the panel up again and click the record button - stop and save
Profit & lulz

Anonymous
Not applicable
@P3nT4gR4m Thanks!  Did a practice run on Elven Assassin, to get my blood going.   Before I was hitting ctrl-z and wondering why the icons wouldn't minimize.  CPU hit was negligible, so I'm optimistic for medium.  Glad I did a test, since I left the mouse pointed at the center of the screen, know not to do that now...  

Anyhow, appreciate the help.  The screen capture will be fun to work with. See what can be done with it.