cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash 2.0 very juddery to start

Kremator
Protege
Hi All,

It is rare for me to post here, but everytime I put on my Rift (and wait for Home to load) it is extremely juddery - to the point where I have to close my eyes to avoid being sick!  I've got all the Oculus software on an SSD so it SHOULD load quickly but doesn't.  Anyone else suffer with this ?
11 REPLIES 11

cybereality
Grand Champion
It may be a conflict with a background service or app. For example, you should disable MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, F.lux, TeamViewer, or other apps the monitor or overlay the screen. Also, please uninstall all Asus software (notably Asus AI Suite and Asus Sonic Suite). M-Audio can also cause issues. Hope that helps.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Netheri
Rising Star

Kremator said:

Hi All,

It is rare for me to post here, but everytime I put on my Rift (and wait for Home to load) it is extremely juddery - to the point where I have to close my eyes to avoid being sick!  I've got all the Oculus software on an SSD so it SHOULD load quickly but doesn't.  Anyone else suffer with this ?

I've experienced this also starting today. I haven't changed anything and haven't changed any hardware. It must be something related to graphics, as when in gray middle state before Home2 loads up, there's no judder in hands or in HMD. When graphics (Home2, or game, i.e. BBC Home) loads up, hands begin to lag, rubberband, etc and the view judders and stutters.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Did you try what I suggested above?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

IlIfadeIlI
Protege
Have you tried double clicking Home first waiting a minute then putting it on?

Netheri
Rising Star

Did you try what I suggested above?

Don't have any of those apps. But i downgraded NVIDIA drivers to 388.59, as was suggested by other user in other thread. So it seems to be NVIDIAs nonVRoptimized drivers causing hickups.
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Kremator
Protege
Hi Cyberreality.  I don't have any of those programs running at all.  I do worry about the Nvidia driver and will try the latest version (from today) and if that doesn't work I'll downgrade the driver - however I don't like to be forced to have to do this.

@Illfadelll I suppose I COULD do that but I assumed that the software would work pretty fast.  The judder is unacceptable as it does make you sick while loading - even blanking the screen completely would help (or forcing it to NOT display Dash until loaded)

IlIfadeIlI
Protege
I was just wondering if it still happened if you did that way.  I don't get the same effect when putting it on first so I was wondering if it was a temperature calibration issue if not a cpu load issue.

Kremator
Protege
Wierd indeed.  Is there a way that I can check this ?  Something in the logs etc ?

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
I believe I'm having the same problem, it started about 2-3 days ago. I launch home, put on my headset, it's a bit juddery, and the home menu won't load at all, but I can see all my objects I placed in home! I see the Oculus logo and my hands appear and disappear every 10 seconds. When I move my head while the oculus logo and hands are being displayed the logo and hands are having trouble rendering (they get all wavy!). Very wierd problem. I have to restart home several times before the home menu loads up. When I get no menu, I can still launch games from the desktop with no problems.
Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.