cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LONE ECHO & ARENA and SSE4.1/4.2 cpu checks. The only game to use this yet all others do not.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use XEON DUAL-QUAD which works on ALL GAMES EXCEPT THIS. 
- If the game calls upon commands for use of SSE4.2 then= OK.
- If it simply uses the check only to grant VIP New Computers which can't perform better for anything else or perhaps for best Multiplayer Connectivity yet ALL OTHER GAMES ALLOW as they are not mafia-style to discriminate nor force new tech sales!= Not OK.

The SSE4.2 check was actually NOT needed in the Oculus Runtime Installation and is only a pre-install check before the Runtime file. It has a hack imitation file that ticks the box to say PASS. Some use the re-naming of the cpu registry. Else we can run either Runtime 0.7 or 1.3.2 and it installs without the check and updates to the latest.
So why does LONE ECHO & ARENA need this???

12 REPLIES 12

lag0matic
Heroic Explorer
You've made like, two posts at least that I've seen accusing Oculus/Devs of "mafia style" tactics to "force you to buy new hardware".

No one is forcing you to do anything. Calm down. 

You run a "xeon dual-quad" which I am guessing means Dual quad core xeon cpus. Not exactly the average 'consumer level' hardware.  Not something that anyone beta testing, or quite frankly, developing, would probably ever consider someone would use for gaming.  

What you have is server-level architecture, you cannot be angry at developers for coding a game designed for consumer level hardware, and it not running on something else.

No ones breaking kneecaps, or holding guns to head. No mafia nothing here. Just you, and your machine which isn't a gaming system, trying to game.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are not getting my point mate. If my cpu runs EVERY OTHER GAME plus I even had to avoid any Oculus Runtime Installation file after 1.3 because they added the SSE4.2 check then there should be no valid reason at all to have the check unless they use "mafia-style" (i.e. lets keep our industry mates happy club) tactics and even continue with the visual warnings of not being the minimum spec even though it does run most games on Max Settings even. 
The thing is, Beta games include extra background processes for feedback and analysis and contain many memory leaks. The games do run much better upon release and even better with the new Home which can allow us to multitask greatly which the Workstations do incredibly well. I have had Elite Dangerous with loads of programs running simultaneously and pinned within the game on Dash: YouTube watching a film, Cam for behind my chair view, music Playing, other programs I use for social messaging, as well as the many extras I use as 3rdpart apps for the game inc. Voice Attack and many open browsers. With zero FPS hits to without! (MAX SETTINGS!)
Frankly you are not listening as you do not experience VR with a Xeon Dual-Quad. This is a complaint as there is proof the SSE4.2 check was not needed and many do not like the attempt to get them to buy new computers which a new "gaming only machine" would not allow them as much power as their Workstation. They are not merely Server based but can allow big builds with very powerful cards (music & video & CAD). Some can even overclock to 4GHz and perform just as well as an i7 6770 but multitask and more.

No one is making you be in the VIP club if it works but they try to hide it from us. There is totally no reason to bin old computers nor for them to attempt to sell ours which do work very well.

LONE ECHO/ARENA = the ONLY GAME to request SSE4.2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I found this on new CPU commands it has but these can be switched off in Settings so it still should PASS SSE4.2 please...

"In partnership with Intel, the Ready At Dawn team has added a number of new high-performance features to Lone Echo designed to enhance the play experience for players with high-end systems.

FEATURE #1: Enhanced Set Dressing
With High Performance Mode enabled, specific areas of the game will have additional floating set dressing.

FEATURE #2: Ragdoll Jack Husks
Normally, the Jack Husks that are left behind at the location of a player’s death will be inanimate objects that appear in a huddled position. However, by enabling High Performance Mode, Jack Husks will gain full ragdoll physics, causing their limbs to have full mobility.

FEATURE #3: Attractor Gun
The Attractor Gun is a unique prop that can only be accessed when High Performance Mode is enabled. Pressing the trigger on the Attractor Gun while aiming it at small objects in the immediate area will cause those objects to get sucked toward you, where they will accumulate into a cloud of debris at the end of the barrel. Releasing the trigger will then cause all gathered objects to get launched at high speed in the direction that the Attractor Gun is pointed."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbQMIC8fuWs

kilobulb
Expert Protege
Didn't intel sponser echo arena hence it's free? Doesn't seem unreasonable that they would want it locked into their unexpired patents same as Oculus had it locked to Rift.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems to be these "special" SSE commands and instead of letting the menu auto search the cpu and allow the High Performance Features, instead they let the User select them but prevent any Hard Crashes by not allowing the game to even load by using the SSE4.2 check to first pass. A kinda "mafia-style" door man who has his mates hold up a sign at the Launch screen to say "your computer is too old - go buy a new one". ALL OTHER GAMES WORK. This one is programmed in a one way only VIP club entry only.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please Keep In Mind - this is not a rant for discussion in debate but a complaint about LONE ECHO.
Has anyone managed a way around this for the XEON QUAD DUO cpu?
Even Intel provide us with a SSE4.2 Emulator to run checks on other cpu.
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-emulator

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-development-emulator#CHIPCHECK

I really think the design of this Game should be updated. Perhaps it simply got left in there during all the extra features and without any regard for how brilliant old Xeon Quads actually are whilst their games get optimized with debugs/leaks removed upon on release and the overall improved performance of Oculus.

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/61257/lone-echo-echo-arena-wont-launch-help#latest
In regard other Users having similar Loading issues whom may have i5/i7 (minimum specs) I do wonder if it would actually run on my XEON QUAD DUO - if it worked as it should do. As it stands I await my incoming Refund. Do they really want this? No!

iJudgement
Heroic Explorer
Maybe you should just upgrade your CPU and stop complaining. 

You're the only person I've seen on these forums complaining about this issue. 

You use a niche CPU, it doesn't have all the features it should.

Be happy that you're even able to get into the software with your hacked file. Stop complaining when people won't support you for using unsupported hardware.

LZoltowski
Champion

Maybe you should just upgrade your CPU and stop complaining. 

You're the only person I've seen on these forums complaining about this issue. 

You use a niche CPU, it doesn't have all the features it should.

Be happy that you're even able to get into the software with your hacked file. Stop complaining when people won't support you for using unsupported hardware.

You are WRONG, I wrote a strongly worded email to Netflix for not supporting my Toaster, OUTRAGE.

/sarcasm
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂