cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.87.3

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApollyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. 🙂

The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
-----------

UPDATE 03/08

Hi all!
It's been a while since i released a new version, but now the time has come! 😃
I'm looking for ppl who want to test the new version before public release.
There are primarily changes for the Quest but anyone is welcome to test it.
Just drop an email to ApollyonVR@gmail.com and i'll get you a download link
and some instructions. Also include what type of headset (Rift or Quest)
that you are using.

Also, i now have a proper domain for the website, so swing by www.ApollyonVR.com
and check out the new Forum! If you have questions, comments or suggestions

that is the place to post them. 😃

Below are the release notes for the new version. Please note that this is a Beta version

for testing the new features. If you just want to use a stable version of OTT then head

over to www.apollyonvr.com and simply download the latest version.

Version 0.87.7
* Oculus Dash will now use the same CPU Priority as what you set for OVR Server.
* Added a "Comments" option to Profiles.
* Implemented Paolod29's code for a permanent AirLink (https://github.com/pd29/oculus-airlink-enabler).
* Added more choices to the Quest Link settings for "Bitrate" and "Encode Resolution".
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" on the Game Settings tab.
* Added option for "Force Mipmap generation on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Offset Mipmap bias on all layers" to Profiles.
* Added option for "Encode Dynamic Bitrate" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added option for "Dynamic Bitrate Max" on the Quest Link tab.
* Added "FOV Multiplier" to Profiles. Setting this to a value lower than 1, for example 0.8,
will increase FPS due to less pixels being drawn at the expense of lower FOV.
* When creating a brand new Profile, the current settings from the Game Settings tab will be used.
This will make it even easier to create a new Profile! Simply experiment with different settings
on the Game Settings tab, and when you have found the perfect combo for a given game those
settings are copied over when you click "Create new Profile".

* Added option to Disable profiles.

* Redesigned the Profiles window a bit.
* Fixed some bugs.

Cheers!
1,867 REPLIES 1,867

Netheri
Rising Star
@ApollyonVR
I have suggestion for how OTT handles the Rifts mic: Could the mic get disabled totally, when Home is shut down? now the Rift mic is receiving all the time even when audio fall back is on other mic. EDIT: OTT prevents shutdown (or reboot), it won't shut down).
i9-9900K@ 5GHz, ASUS Rog Strix 2080 Super OC , 32gb 3466MHz DDR4, ROG Strix Z390 E Gaming, 1 x Inateck 4 port USB 3.0 card, 2x3.1, USB, 6x3.0 USB on mobo, 1x USB-C on G-card, Reverb G2

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Well, I`m off. Thanks to all who gave help when needed and especially Apollyonvr. Been with Oculus since the early days but Now after fighting black screens, spending endless time trying to get my 3rd party sims to work reliably, I now have red meteor showers in the headset, ( my third one I might add.) Back to 2d with trackir. At least I can see what I`m doing in ETS2 especialy and with my 1080ti everything in 4k. Not ranting so please dont flame me but I dont have the energy to go through the Oculus support system yet again. Thing that narks me is I cant even sell this HMD as it would`nt be fair to a buyer. Cheerio all. Ross.

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege
Oh wow never heard of TRACKIR before but it looks awesome!
1 CPU: Alienware M17 R4: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 16GB GDDR6, 10th Generation Intel Core(TM) i9-10980HK (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.3GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
2nd CPU: Alienware Aurora R12: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X, 11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Rosgillies Sad to hear mate :-/. If you want feel free to PM me the stuff you’ve tested so far and what support has said, and perhaps i can think of something else to try.

Cheers!

Digikid1
Consultant
Just a report that OTT is not switching my audio back to my speakers when not using my rift. Just a FYI. 

Aymito2
Expert Protege
echo arena was recent updated to version 8,  and now ASW mode 45 frame is no longer
working  inside the game with Oculus tray tool , I get a profiles errors and game refuse to run, is there a way to force ASW 45 frame mode with the new update 83.1 OTT, thanks

ApollyonVR
Rising Star
@Digikid1 Try resetting the audioswitcher settings and set them again. If that does not fix things, please do a run in debug mode, replicate the issue and then send me the ott.log and i'll have a peek.
@Aymito  Sounds like it may be an issue with Echo Arena, perhaps the devs force ASW in the new upate. Also, ASW can be changed during a sessions. So you can try running the game, then changing ASW using the Global ASW dropdown instead. Using the ASW overlay at the same time will show you the change as it happens, so you can easily see what result you get.

Cheers!

Aymito2
Expert Protege

ASW can be changed during a sessions. So you can try running the game, then changing ASW using the Global ASW dropdown instead. Using the ASW overlay at the same time will show you the change as it happens, so you can easily see what result you get.

I did try to change during the game its not working in the lobby only the startup menu work, after that its not affecting at all, I did a post on Echo Arena discussion to inquire about the new update , but no reply until now  😕

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Still unable to run OTT - it is refusing to start, like it did a while before. I don't know if this was sorted or not, because I uninstalled it for a while (no point in watching it continually trying to run).

OK - sorted - I disabled Malwarebytes and OTT works okay so far (bloody MBAM is getting annoying with Oculus progs these days!)

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

zissakos
Honored Guest
Since many versions now the tool just refuses to start. Tried it with 0.83.1.
I see the black box in the lower right corner saying "Starting up, please wait..." and then nothing hapens!
It sits there in the task manager, using roughly 50 MB RAM.
Version 0.70.1 works like a charm though!

This is the ott.log:
05.04.2018 13:06:55 Starting up...
05.04.2018 13:06:55 Version: 0.83.1.0
05.04.2018 13:06:55 .NET Framework Version: 4.7
05.04.2018 13:06:55 Checking Internet connection..
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Internet connection available
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Oculus path: C:\Program Files\Oculus\
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Oculus App Version: 1.25.0.562499
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Migrating configuration
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Settings migration complete!
05.04.2018 13:06:56 ## Current Settings ##
05.04.2018 13:06:56 ## End Settings ##
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Getting old profiles
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Reading configuration parameters
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Changing active Power Plan to High performance
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Current Power Plan is High performance
05.04.2018 13:06:56 High performance has USB Selective Suspend Enabled
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Done reading configuration parameters
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Oculus Library paths not set, retrieving them from the registry
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Could not get Oculus Software path from registry
05.04.2018 13:06:56 No library paths returned from registry
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Reading profiles
05.04.2018 13:06:56 0 profiles found
05.04.2018 13:06:56   0 monitored using WMI
05.04.2018 13:06:56   0 monitored using Timer
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Using C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusDebugToolCLI.exe
05.04.2018 13:06:56 Checking for running DebugTool instances..
05.04.2018 13:06:56 No Fresco Logic settings found in registry, probably not installed
05.04.2018 13:06:57 OVR Service is UP
05.04.2018 13:07:00 Setting new SS to 1.5

Could it be the line "No library paths returned from registry" ??
Where in the registry does the tool search for them?
I have disabled any Antivirus, still no luck.